Edgewater Beach Resort

Maintainance Fees

Dec 13, 2006

we were suprised that the fees had been raised from $299 for a 2 bedroom to $499.

After a little research we found this to still be the lowest on the Cape.

Friends at the Ocean Club repoort there 2 bedroom at $750, ( 1 bedroom $525+-) with a smaller unit and less facilites and property to maintain.

Hope the management doesn't figure this out.

Dick F.
Dec 13, 2006

Not sure that you've noticed but the maintenance fees for a 2 bedroom have climbed to $525.00 for 2007. Maybe they have figured it out.

Raymond B.
Jan 23, 2007

Initial mainteence fees for a new timeshare usually start on the low end. Reason being, everything is new and maintence etc. shouldn't run as high as with an older timeshare. Give the Edgewater some time, it's creeping up there. May only concern is with all the problems/mistakes made in building, that the owners will own the cost of those repairs which really belong to the Edgewater itself.

Nancy M.
Feb 11, 2007

The property was sold last year. The new owners didn't realize how much work was needed to finish the renovations. That was when the rates started to greatly increase. It is not because the property is getting old. We, the owners, are already paying for the cost of repairs and mistakes made, which belong to the Edgewater.

P M.
Sep 17, 2007

p81 wrote:
The property was sold last year. The new owners didn't realize how much work was needed to finish the renovations. That was when the rates started to greatly increase. It is not because the property is getting old. We, the owners, are already paying for the cost of repairs and mistakes made, which belong to the Edgewater.
Even with the amount of work left at the resort, I am still shocked at the increase of the maintenance fees. I am just happy that they finally finished my unit and the exercise room so I can enjoy my time there. I don't think that any one can argue with me that it is a pretty place and quiet during the non-summer weeks.

Frank S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.