Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How do you know marketplace pricing?

Dec 13, 2006

I currently own a Platinum Plus week ( Presidents Week) in February at Marriott Aruba Surf Club. It's a 2 bedroom Oceanside (closest building to ocean) 2 bath unit. I think I may want to sell after this February. Anybody know how I can get a real approximation on what I should list the resale at?

Harold M.
Dec 14, 2006

There are tons of Marriott owners on tug2.com. Don't remember the "rating" but in a posting yesterday, a poster said that she paid $23K there and got a good deal apparently.

You may want to take a look or post over there too.

John F.

Last edited by john1671 on Dec 14, 2006 06:50 AM

Dec 15, 2006

Have you checked to see what similar weeks are selling for on Redweek and other resale sites? If so, lower your price below what they are asking. Keep lowering it until you start getting some interest. The market (buyer) sets the price for all resales. I'm not that familiar with Marriott, but I doubt seriously that you can sell it for what you paid the developer IF it was developer bought.

haroldm31 wrote:
I currently own a Platinum Plus week ( Presidents Week) in February at Marriott Aruba Surf Club. It's a 2 bedroom Oceanside (closest building to ocean) 2 bath unit. I think I may want to sell after this February. Anybody know how I can get a real approximation on what I should list the resale at?

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.