Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club

2 Bedroom Lock-Off - Alcove Off Master Bedroom

Dec 13, 2006

I will be vacationing at Ko Olina for the first time in a 2 bedroom in August. I thought my teenage son would sleep on the sofabed in the living room (the 2nd bedroom will be used by my daughters). From the pictures - it looks like he might be able to sleep on that piece of furniture on the patio off the master bedroom. Is this actually a bed or a lounger? Thanks for your feedback.

Betsy S.
Dec 14, 2006

Only a small child could sleep there. It really is made to lounge in a reclining position, overlooking th beautiful scenery.

Stephanie T.
Aug 09, 2007

No way, any teenager would not fit. It is a peaceful reading room for Mom at night when everyone else is asleep. :)

Miriam C.
Sep 22, 2007

its also a room with no curtains, lots of sun comes in this area. Thought it would be good for my little one but didn't work out.

Shawna H.
Mar 16, 2008

Our grandaughter is 11 and has been sleeping in the area for the last 3 years. She loves it. As a bonus, there are sliding doors that lock off the Master Bedroom.

Bob D.

Last edited by bobd194 on Mar 16, 2008 03:02 PM

Mar 28, 2008

You may request a roll away for that area. That way he could have his "own space". However, he'll be able to hear EVERYTHING in the master so it depends if you are young a heart or not. Will the girls share with him? The 2nd bedroom has a queen bed and a sofa bed.

I love having the kitchen, dining, and living room just for an open living space and I'd rather be cramped in other parts.

Susan H.
Apr 22, 2010

I know this is an old topic, but last year, we just had the one bedroom. The sofa sleeper was icky in our unit (not remodeled yet) and we have two children (boy then 12 and girl then 10). We got two rollaways; one went in the living room at night for my son, the other in the sitting room. During the day, we put both in the sitting room (one I put up on its side, as they can be stored verically) out of the way. At that time, there were no drapes in the sitting room, but that didn't bother my daughter at all. I think that they are putting in blackout drapes right now. There was no charge for the two rollaways. They were much more comfortable than the sofa sleeper! I think we got lucky, as they said they do run out of rollaways at times. Being owners, I think we'd get priority? Also, I don't know if they charge non-owners. YMMV.

Amy H.
May 13, 2010

We recently returned from our first visit to Ko Olina. A few comments about the alcove sitting area next to the master bedroom ...

They have added blinds to the alcove windows, so it is now more accommodating as a sleeping space. I can confirm that the alcove provides no sound buffering - anyone sleeping there can hear everything going on in the adjacent living room and master bedroom. I would only recommend the little lounge chair in the alcove for a toddler or small child. Definitely too small for a teenager to use for sleeping. It is actually a very awkward piece of furniture. A chaise lounge would be much more practical. We were told that all the alcove lounge chairs will eventually be replaced with a computer desk (a sensible change in my opinion).

Gregory B.

Last edited by gblotter on May 14, 2010 01:18 PM

Jun 24, 2010

Thanks for the update! I guess if they don't have a rollaway available, for a child you could always bring a twin aerobed? My kids find those fun to sleep on (not me). I do think that a desk would be more useful in there, as that chair is kind of a waste. We're so tired at night in Hawaii that, although there is no real soundproofing in that little aclove, my daughter didn't mind! She was out like a light from all the outdoor fun.

Amy H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.