Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Rent Question-What Do Those Dates Mean?

Dec 28, 2006

Hi. Trying to get knowledgeable before I take the plunge and post my week for rent here on Redweek. Some of the listings that I see have dates that run from as long as 1-1-07 to 12-31-08! That's a 2 year stretch! Does this represent a listing by an actual owner or is this redweek posting "code" that the listing is actually from a time share reseller organization hoping to attract would be buyers. I don't care, as long as it is legit, and will not hurt the market for my unit. Another listing that will affect the market for certain because it is so low priced is for dates that are Monday to Monday, and I know for certain that the resort (Sheraton Vistana Resort) involved does not book this way! So does a listing like this signify anything that I am missing, other than perhaps improper dating and below market pricing? Thanks for any thoughts!

Redd W.
Dec 28, 2006

These are probably floating weeks where the owner can reserve the week he (or his renter) requests. If you own a fixed week, then you'd have to post for rent the exact week you own.

R P.
Dec 29, 2006

jayjay wrote:
These are probably floating weeks where the owner can reserve the week he (or his renter) requests. If you own a fixed week, then you'd have to post for rent the exact week you own.

Maybe so, jayjay, but I'd like to hear from some RedWeek.com "insiders" about it. Another example is how or why some rentals are advertised as 7 day rentals yet list dates as " 12-28-06 to 12-30-06" !!!! Is this just bad review or what?

Redd W.
Dec 30, 2006

daddyd, the dates offered 12-28-06 to 12-30-07 could be a floating week/floating unit and the (floating) unit is assigned upon check-in. The owner can change a floating week reservation from one week to another at the request of the rentor.

R P.
Jan 01, 2007

Hi, again, jayjay! Look again! As mentioned, the dates listed are for 12-28-06 to 12-30-06! (not 07!) And there are several listed like this, for just 3 days or so! As I mentioned, is this just bad review and a missed typo, or something else?

Redd W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.