Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

HELP DECIDING A TIMESHARE COMPANY

Jan 07, 2007

Hello all,

Last year I went to Grand Mayan Palace and just loved it. I thought that their resturants/stores were on the high side. While there I was approached to visit Royal Hacienda's..they weren't finished yet. I like them both. Can anyone give me some good feedback to help me decide. Also, any good all inclusive resort in the same area? I'm looking to buy a resale. Thanks

Lorraine C.
Jan 09, 2007

lorrainec33 wrote:
Hello all,

Last year I went to Grand Mayan Palace and just loved it. I thought that their resturants/stores were on the high side. While there I was approached to visit Royal Hacienda's..they weren't finished yet. I like them both. Can anyone give me some good feedback to help me decide. Also, any good all inclusive resort in the same area? I'm looking to buy a resale. Thanks

Lorraine,

My first thought would be that you do not buy from the developer as you will pay too much. There are many people selling theirs resale at a fraction of the cost. For instance, The Royal Islander ( Cancun ). 2nd is to buy at a resort that offers deed instead of right to use. It is yours for life. 3rd buying in Mexico is not practical because you can get an all inclusive through the internet cheaper without paying for the headaches of owning timehsare. 4th don't buy outside of the US and Canada because the additional costs of getting to your resort can eat up alot of your savings!

Chris

Chris F.
Jan 09, 2007

Hi Chris,

I agree strongly with your points #1 - 3.

However, If one really loves the Caribbean, that is also a great place to own a timeshare vs. paying hotel rates (even discounted).

I use my Amex miles card to charge my entire life (including cell phone, house and car insurance) and get at least one free ticket a year to the Caribbean.

When that happens, my cost for a week on St. Thomas becomes under $1,200 - food, drinks, car, timeshare, airfare included, and I live well...

John

John F.

Last edited by john1671 on Jan 09, 2007 01:44 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.