Timeshare Exchanges

Exchanging to Aruba

Jan 12, 2007

Has anyone here had luck exchanging to Aruba?

And how does one contact Interval International? I have quit RCI for good.

Kathleen S.
Jan 13, 2007

The Interval website is www.intervalworld.com

kathleen1121 wrote:

John F.
Feb 06, 2007

Interval International membership services telephone number is 1-800-843-8843.

They will be able to answer any questions regarding membership.

R P.
Mar 05, 2007

Has anybody had any luck exchanging to Aruba ? I've been trying since Oct 2006 with RCI .

I'm getting married on April 12,2008 and is looking to to go Aruba. My home resort is Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando Florida.

RCI says that nothing is open.

Mary M.
Mar 21, 2007

froliger wrote:
Has anybody had any luck exchanging to Aruba ? I've been trying since Oct 2006 with RCI .

I'm getting married on April 12,2008 and is looking to to go Aruba. My home resort is Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando Florida.

Aruba is a hard one to get into. The best way is to request first or deposit your resort for points and use the points to purchase a air/hotel package. Or wait until 90 days before your travel date then you will see many open dates. I would quit RCI as many people have and use Interval International.

Happy Maui Marriott Owner!

Ruth M.
Mar 28, 2007

I have exchanged into Aruba using II MANY times, without any problem. I did it twice last year - once in April and once for Thankgiving week. Extra vacations are always popping up there.

Melanie B.
Mar 28, 2007

kathleen1121 wrote:

Hello. We tried exchanging through RCI to Aruba for many years with no success. We were finally successful in booking a rental through RCI. We were told by RCI that there arn't many resorts in Aruba thus a shortage of space? Regardless we finally got there & it was worth the wait. Andrea PS It puzzles me how some people are able to "rent" their units through RCI. Does anyone have any information on how this is possible?

Andrea R.
Apr 20, 2007

ruthm65 wrote:
froliger wrote:

Aruba is a hard one to get into. The best way is to request first or deposit your resort for points and use the points to purchase a air/hotel package. Or wait until 90 days before your travel date then you will see many open dates. I would quit RCI as many people have and use Interval International.

Happy Maui Marriott Owner!

------- It's easier to get to Aruba using RCI Points than a weeks exchange, I booked for January '08. I've also used II to go to Aruba, but you need to be flexible. April seems to be a good time to go. But again if you are looking for a specific resort you may be disappointed.

Mike N.
Apr 24, 2007

No, I've been trying myself to exchange to Aruba since October 2006 for a week in April 2008. RCI claims that nothing is availible.

I'm getting Married and want to go to Aruba on our Honeymoon.

Any Luck with any one else ?

Mary M.
Apr 24, 2007

froliger wrote:
No, I've been trying myself to exchange to Aruba since October 2006 for a week in April 2008. RCI claims that nothing is availible.

Have you been to the Aruba section and looked under the exchanges, I see some there. Maybe someone can help you out. If I had a property in Aruba I would help you out. You might end up having to do a package deal with airfair.

Good luck!

Ruth M.
Apr 25, 2007

One cannot rent their owned weeks via RCI. They can rent out weeks they own via internet listing sites such as Redweek or other venues. RCI is not involved with personally owned rentals.

RCI's inventory comes from member deposits for exchanges.

RCI may sometimes acquire excess, surplus or developer inventory for their Extra Vacations and Last Call, but it would be doubtful if Aruba would ever show up since that island is so very popular (supply and demand).

andrea468 wrote:
PS It puzzles me how some people are able to "rent" their units through RCI. Does anyone have any information on how this is possible?

R P.
Apr 26, 2007

froliger wrote:

Hi..I check Interval International quite frequently for the extra vacations in Aruba. From what I have observed, the weeks that become available are not that far in advance (April 2008). I just checked availability. From today, you can only possibly search through 4/24/2008. There were plenty of available weeks in Aruba at various resort. However, all the availability was through the end of June 2007.

If you know someone, they may be able to get you the week from II.....hope this helps.

Melanie B.
May 09, 2007

froliger wrote:

I don't know how all this exchange stuff works bbecause I am really new at it. I am a Bluegreen owner and we have a resort in Aruba. I would like to exchange trip for trip with some body if there was a way of doing that.

Warren L.
May 09, 2007

warrenl9 wrote:
froliger wrote:

I don't know how all this exchange stuff works bbecause I am really new at it. I am a Bluegreen owner and we have a resort in Aruba. I would like to exchange trip for trip with some body if there was a way of doing that.

Please go to this link http://www.redweek.com/articles/free-exchange-promotion for more information on exchanges here on RedWeek.com.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 18, 2007

I have banked my Marriott oceanclub and Renassiance ocean suites with Intervale and easily got another week in Aruba more than once. I have also banked gold weeks and got platium weeks.I think Intervale is great. I will be there also the same time as you in April.

Judy L.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 18, 2007 04:05 PM

Jul 19, 2007

I belong to II ( I heard RCI was not too good for exchanges) I had no problem trading to Aruba this year in March. II lets you put requests in to find the best resorts they said your best chances are 60 days prior to travel that is the deadline when people bank their resorts. Good Luck!

C T.
Aug 16, 2007

you can go to resorts own web site and look to see if they have a owners rental tab. I usually trade one week thru II but you have to wait until last minute. and then hook it up with a rental thru web site such as La Cabanna or Plya Linda for example. Prices are usually reasonable for the time of year we go feb/march

Marylou E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.