Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

CHANGING NAME OF RESERVATION

Jan 12, 2007

I am renting my EXCHANGE WEEK for the first time and am a new member of REDWEEK. (Although I have viewed the site many times and have often recommended the site to friends looking to join us on our vacations who are not owners)

Once you have your confirmation from the resort and post your rental ... I assume you just wait to be contacted by email and/or posting on this site. When you hopefully have a RENTER for the unit, what process do you go about to change the name on the confirmation from the owner to the renter?

Also .. I notice on these FORUMS ... locations of the units is not mentioned. The unit I am renting is at MARRIOTT's Shadow Ridge for EASTER WEEK!

Thanks for your help!

Deborah C.
Jan 12, 2007

Renting of exchanged weeks is against RCI and II Terms and Conditions ... in other words it's illegal. The same rule is in place for the independent exchange companies also.

You can GIFT your exchanged week to a friend or family member by buying a guest certificate, but the only reimbursement to you that's allowed by that friend or family member is the exchange fee and guest certiicate fee ... you cannot be reimbursed for your maintenance fee or any other fees related to the gift except those two listed above.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 12, 2007 01:40 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.