Point Systems

Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

Mar 28, 2010

i have been an owner at olcc since 1996 originally owned a 2 bedroom wk. 11 then a few years later i upgraded to a 3-br. east village .ok! then about 4 yrs ago i looked at river island and bought a 2-br. forest view.. they offered 12 month no finance. which i chose, if you can afford it , i,d go for it.. now heres the good part.. global access comes up in the 90 minute presentation.. in order for me to convert to points i have to buy a 3rd unit..take it or i stay in weeks program.. i bit the bait and bought the cheapest week i could, now i have 501,000 points in the holiday inn vacation club. but i still can use my fixed weeks if i want to. but, i have to let them know 12 months in advace if i want to use my weeks. if i dont let them know my weeks convert to points. sounds complicated but its not. included in all this are priority points that you can take from your olcc points and roll over and they can accumulate and they never expire, that you can use for juust about anythjing..travel , gifts etc... to me its great if you travel.. i use to exchange,rci airfare rental cars, hotel stays.. lou ruby..

Lou R.
Mar 28, 2010

i bought a 3rd week to convert to points that gives me 501,000 points.. i like the system, but with priority club i wish i had more points..lou ruby

Lou R.
Apr 15, 2010

I just came back from Orange Lake Orlando and stayed in a nice 2BR 8/6 condo in East Village. We traded into it with a week from RCI we traded from Oasis Lakes at the Fountains. I have had trouble trading through RCI the last couple years to get a week on the west coast of Florida. Oasis Lakes has tried to get us to switch to points through BlueGreen but we have resisted because we only want to stay in our 2BR 8/6 overlooking the main pool original clubhouse on week 13. BG wanted us to buy points deeded to units in Las Vegas on non-spring break weeks and we would never go there. We backed out hoping to maintain control of where we stayed at least on the weeks it matches our school break at Oasis . Now to Holiday Inn Club- we bought the sales pitch and signed to own at Orange Lake in a reduced 2BR 8/6 in west village week 15 worth 159,000 HIC points with the promise to have no problem getting a unit in East Village for week 13 or 14 using our week from Oasis Lakes worth 57,000 RCI points to trade into it and paying only the $75 fee to convert it through RCI by calling the Holiday Inn Club rep. for RCI I believe. Now we are confused by all the transactions of points of various groupings. We were also lead to believe that our points would never expire as they could be converted to Priority Club Points at a 4/5 reduction. Now we are finding out these points can't be used to stay at Orange Lake Orlando, only hotel, car rental, etc. that is through Priority Club. They told us we could now change our week at Oasis Lakes to points and have better chance at getting properties that were on the points system. Looking at the RCI Points book there are hardly any timeshares to trade for on the west coast of Florida near Siesta Key ( inlaws own a mobile home in a retirement community). And our deeded Orange Lake West Village 2 BR 8/6 is not even an option on the points exchanges to RCI points members. How can HI Club points be advantageous to us? They seem to expire faster than RCI weeks - one year as opposed to 2 year window with RCI weeks. Our contract states we have 10 days from signing with HIC to back out! PLEASE ADVISE ****** THATS TOMORROW!!!!

Laura G.
Apr 17, 2010

It should be a no brainer. Back out now! Just look at the complexity of the points conversion between different programs. They are in it to take your money. They make it complex for you so by the time you figure out it is a bad deal it is too late.

laurag154 wrote:
I just came back from Orange Lake Orlando and stayed in a nice 2BR 8/6 condo in East Village. We traded into it with a week from RCI we traded from Oasis Lakes at the Fountains. I have had trouble trading through RCI the last couple years to get a week on the west coast of Florida. Oasis Lakes has tried to get us to switch to points through BlueGreen but we have resisted because we only want to stay in our 2BR 8/6 overlooking the main pool original clubhouse on week 13. BG wanted us to buy points deeded to units in Las Vegas on non-spring break weeks and we would never go there. We backed out hoping to maintain control of where we stayed at least on the weeks it matches our school break at Oasis . Now to Holiday Inn Club- we bought the sales pitch and signed to own at Orange Lake in a reduced 2BR 8/6 in west village week 15 worth 159,000 HIC points with the promise to have no problem getting a unit in East Village for week 13 or 14 using our week from Oasis Lakes worth 57,000 RCI points to trade into it and paying only the $75 fee to convert it through RCI by calling the Holiday Inn Club rep. for RCI I believe. Now we are confused by all the transactions of points of various groupings. We were also lead to believe that our points would never expire as they could be converted to Priority Club Points at a 4/5 reduction. Now we are finding out these points can't be used to stay at Orange Lake Orlando, only hotel, car rental, etc. that is through Priority Club. They told us we could now change our week at Oasis Lakes to points and have better chance at getting properties that were on the points system. Looking at the RCI Points book there are hardly any timeshares to trade for on the west coast of Florida near Siesta Key ( inlaws own a mobile home in a retirement community). And our deeded Orange Lake West Village 2 BR 8/6 is not even an option on the points exchanges to RCI points members. How can HI Club points be advantageous to us? They seem to expire faster than RCI weeks - one year as opposed to 2 year window with RCI weeks. Our contract states we have 10 days from signing with HIC to back out! PLEASE ADVISE ****** THATS TOMORROW!!!!

Le Y.
Jun 23, 2010

Global Access is now Holiday Inn Club and it is all just a money maker don't get involved in it. I know as I got taken by joining Global Access and could never do anything with it. Now I am about to loose points as I can't use them before the end of this year.

Susan W.
Jun 23, 2010

I wish that all of the people that were scammed with the Global Access thing would come together and try and get some of the money back that we were cheated out of when these people made all of these promises to us and couldn't keep one of them.

Susan W.
Jul 15, 2010

Hi, I was judt told if you do not have a points acct. with RCI. You cannot convert weeks into points.

Tony L.
Jul 15, 2010

I do not have a points account with RCI and I trade a Mayan Palace 2br lock out every year for points to add to my Global Access points so that I may trade into Orange Lake at high volume times

Renee W.
Oct 19, 2010

ericac22 wrote:
dawn91 wrote:
lee144 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience exchanging their "week" to Global access points? Any positive or negative feedback?

My experience is it is bad. Very difficult to work with and get anything you want.

I have never met anyone with 1/2 a brain that couldn't spend their points. Online it is easiest so you can choose how to spend them yourself. If you aren't that savvy, you will spend a lot of time on the phone (hold) with someone who may or may not know what they are talking about. I suggest people who aren't online savvy do not buy in, but what are you doing on here?????

Chrs M.
Oct 19, 2010

<a href="http://www.advicemortgages.com" rel="dofollow>www.advicemortgages.com</a>

Chrs M.
Oct 20, 2010

thanks for the info.... also Wyndham can trade for Orange Lake Points. 50k points Orangelake points will get you a one bedroom in Daytona, Fla. (RCI) Condo. Nice trade, on our 2nd round.

Tony L.
Oct 22, 2010

I presume that Tony241 means that he deposited an Orange Lake unit with RCI for which he gave 50K OL points and exchanged it through RCI into a Wyndham Ocean Walk one bedroom which a Wyndham owner had deposited with RCI. If this was a 1BR with full kitchen and whirlpool bath (Deluxe) in Prime (High red) time, it would have cost the Wyndham owner 140K Wyndham points. Good deal! Their smaller 1 BR Suite would have been 105K. This is pretty much like giving someone a dollar and getting ten dimes. What matters is what you get for the money. Enjoy Daytona in any case. MD

Mary D.
Oct 23, 2010

Actually RCI did both, used my O/Lake points for Ocean Walk. I also have a weeks acct. with RCI, used it (trade) for Orange Lake in 2010, and 2011. Both Gold Crown Resorts. You get more trade with RCI, vs useing Wyndham points.

Tony L.
Nov 14, 2010

are you willing to give away any of the units your dont want? i visited the place once and i know it doesnt have a resale value but i like the resort itself

Ian D.
Nov 14, 2010

My home resort is a RCI resort. They have some "returned Units" can accuire them for assuming dues.

Tony L.
Nov 20, 2010

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone. I like this particular article It gives me an additional input on the information around the world Thanks a lot and keep going with posting such information.

Luciya H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 21, 2010 02:27 AM

Nov 20, 2010

Just to avoid confusing new folks, RCI does not own any resorts. RCI facilitates exchanges among resort owners through either their RCI Points system or the RCI Weeks system. Certain resorts/resort chains have chosen to participate in RCI Points which will allow owners to get either partial weeks or full weeks as needed. If your resort belongs to the RCI Weeks system, you can only make external exchanges for full weeks, even though you may use points within your own resort group to secure stays of any length. MD

Mary D.
Nov 21, 2010

RCI used my Orange lake points for a (Wyndham)resort in Daytona last year. We also have a RCI weeks acct. at my home resort. That traded for a Orangelake 2 bedroom the following week. They can work together, plan ahead of time where you want to go. I have not yet come up with a Globel Access vaca plan that worked for us.

Tony L.
Jan 21, 2011

Hi, Sorry to hear that you may lose your points. Have you tried turning them into Priority Club points?

Hazel M.
Jan 21, 2011

REALLY?!!! We exchanged our GA or Holiday Club points from OL to stay at a points place in Victoria, BC and a place in Manitoba for my sister and her family. I bank my week with them and they do the "exchange" to the number of points I am entitled to. It works good for us.

Hazel M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.