Point Systems

New at this! Help would be nice!

Jan 31, 2007

I have inhertited a TS week (Week 5). My husband and I are interested in trying to exchange it for another week somewhere in Va, NC, SC. Where do I start? Should i go with a company like RCI, or is this website just as dependable!?!

Erica O.
Jan 31, 2007

I have exchanged a 1br blue week for a 1br Gold Crown resort in summer red season in Florida, through RCI. Perhaps I was lucky. It will cost the annual fee, and $164 exchange fee in RCI. It will cost much less if you can get an exchange or rental through redweek. To estimate your chances of success, in RCI I would need a lot more information, and I could end up being wrong.

stanleyf5
Feb 02, 2007

stanleyf5 wrote:
I have exchanged a 1br blue week for a 1br Gold Crown resort in summer red season in Florida, through RCI. Perhaps I was lucky. It will cost the annual fee, and $164 exchange fee in RCI. It will cost much less if you can get an exchange or rental through redweek. To estimate your chances of success, in RCI I would need a lot more information, and I could end up being wrong.
I have a 3br at Nags Head, NC during week 5. Since my parents bought this over 25 years ago, we just pay the $500 maint fee to go.

Erica O.
Feb 02, 2007

Hi. My guess is that week 5 in Nags Head, NC is not a high demand week. Try redweek either an exchange or a rental of the 2008 week. The exchange is free until 3-1-07, and the six month ad is not that expensive. If you have children and their school has vacation schedules that are different than most of the other states, then you might find a South Florida resort during their vacation week through RCI. A summer week might be more difficult. Which of the big exhange companies your resort belongs to will determine which you can join. A one year experiment with either RCI or II, might be worth the try. Stan.

stanleyf5

Last edited by stanleyf5 on Feb 02, 2007 01:20 PM

Apr 10, 2007

stanleyf5 wrote:
Hi. My guess is that week 5 in Nags Head, NC is not a high demand week. Try redweek either an exchange or a rental of the 2008 week. The exchange is free until 3-1-07, and the six month ad is not that expensive. If you have children and their school has vacation schedules that are different than most of the other states, then you might find a South Florida resort during their vacation week through RCI. A summer week might be more difficult. Which of the big exhange companies your resort belongs to will determine which you can join. A one year experiment with either RCI or II, might be worth the try. Stan.
----------------- Being a 3 bedroom may allow you a little flexibility, there might be some extra availabilities, but you may have to downsize to a 1 bedroom units. As Stan mentioned you'd probably need to travel off-season. From an RCI standpoint if you resort was a points resort, it would be worth about 30,000 points which isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. Also be advised that if you use RCI to exchange, you must DEPOSIT your week first, after which the only way to go to your home resort if you can't find a reasonable exchange, is to "exchange" back to your own resort. II allows a user to request an exchange first, so at least the owner still has control of his unit. Mike

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.