Travel Tips & Advice

Carribean Resorts???

Feb 09, 2007

Anyone have a recommendation on a reasonable priced resort? Looking for a 20th year anniversary get away.

Dan R.
Mar 17, 2007

I would look for Costa Linda, any of the Marriott resorts in aruba. It is a great place and very safe, many places to eat and shop. easy to get around with a car rental and very romantic. Flights can be a little expensive, but well worth the price. We own at the Marriott Aruba surf club, but somewhat $$$$.

Good luck and happy anniversary.

Buddy G.
Mar 17, 2007

Are you wanting to buy or rent?

R P.
Mar 26, 2007

Hi! Check out resorts in Puerto Rico. Outstanding values for travel packages going on right now if you book by end of March. And of course the term "reasonable" means different $$$'s to different people! LOL! Good luck!

Anyone have a recommendation on a reasonable priced resort? Looking for a 20th year anniversary get away.

Redd W.
Apr 02, 2007

Has anyone ever stayed on the fourth floor of the marriot ocean club?..wondering if you can see the Ocean I heard it was tree lined and you couldn't.

We are booked there for next month.

Elizabeth C.
Apr 14, 2007

elizabethc116 wrote:
Has anyone ever stayed on the fourth floor of the marriot ocean club?..wondering if you can see the Ocean I heard it was tree lined and you couldn't.

We are booked there for next month.

The Ocean Club is "U" shaped, with the open end facing the ocean. We were on the fourth floor at the "bottom" of the "U", and you wouldn't even know an ocean was there because of the trees/distance. I would think you could get glimpses if you are on the sides of the "U", particularly the closer to the tip on the "U" you are.

Diana B.
Feb 21, 2011

Caribbean has resorts providing world class accommodations. I had been to Sandy Lane at Barbados. There rooms are very spacious and wonderful. You can also enjoy water sport, tennis and golf there. It is a bit expensive but a luxurious place to spend your stay.

Rxd M.
Aug 17, 2017

I've visited different resorts in Punta Cana, Mexico and Jamaica, and definitely the ones where we had the best experiences were in Cancun. Riu Hotels are amazing, you have a lot of things to do at the hotel and the view of the Caribbean is beautiful, but in the end we decided to be members of Raintree Vacation Club because of Club Regina Cancun. The privacy of the beach is something priceless, and it's the ideal place to forget your problems and just relax at the beach. It's the perfect place to spend a romantic holiday with your couple and the staff contributes a lot to help you having the time of your life.

Johanna T.
Dec 26, 2017

Q=danr84] Anyone have a recommendation on a reasonable priced resort? Looking for a 20th year anniversary get away.

If you are interested in the Caribbean, Barbados is very nice. We stayed at the Bougainvillea Resort, which includes SandAcres Resort, both of which are with RCI. They both have full kitchens. There is a lot to do on the island and there are restaurants nearby.

Grace Bay Beach in the Turks and Caicos has a wonderful beach but it is very expensive.

What time of the year are you going?

Carol P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.