Point Systems

Anybody used the '45 days out' system?

Mar 03, 2007

We have just joined the holiday club with rci and are interested in booking our holidays all 'last minute' to make the most of our points ie only using 9000 points for a weeks stay. Does anybody here have any experience with how available resorts are with this system? Obviously there wont be a huge choice but we just want to know if there are actually some good ones available in various countries that we will be able to book at only 4-5 weeks notice. Thanks Sue

Suzan E.
Mar 10, 2007

Right now possibilities include Mexico, Scotland, Itlay and France. You may be limited in unit size, however. Login in to you points account, and under the RCI Points Vacations tab, search for an RCI WEEKS Reservation. leave the date at the default and weeks to search at 5 or 6. Any available units within the 45 day window will be 9,000 points or less. Other availabiliites will be listed at the normal rate.

Mike N.
Mar 17, 2007

suzane3 wrote:
We have just joined the holiday club with rci and are interested in booking our holidays all 'last minute' to make the most of our points ie only using 9000 points for a weeks stay. Does anybody here have any experience with how available resorts are with this system? Obviously there wont be a huge choice but we just want to know if there are actually some good ones available in various countries that we will be able to book at only 4-5 weeks notice. Thanks Sue
Sue, Have you had time to access the "Last Call" availability through RCI? Please let me know what you found for availability. I am considering getting involved with time share primarily for the access to "Last Call" travel but am not sure if there is really as much posted on Last Call as the salesperson says. Did you find it has alot of quality availability? Is it worth it? Reed

Reed J.
Mar 18, 2007

reedj wrote:
suzane3 wrote:
Sue, Have you had time to access the "Last Call" availability through RCI? Please let me know what you found for availability. I am considering getting involved with time share primarily for the access to "Last Call" travel but am not sure if there is really as much posted on Last Call as the salesperson says. Did you find it has alot of quality availability? Is it worth it? Reed
------------ Please allow me to pass along some info. I'm not sure what you mean by quality, but, if your thinking of travelling the wolrd on the Last Call vacations, you may be disappointed. As of now availabilities in the US include the East Coast from SC to Maine, Inland NE (not the best his time of year), Smokey Mts, and some inland states. Nothng like Hawaii, or Florida. International locationa are Cancun Puerta Vallarta, Eastern Canada, Spain and the Canary Island. These can be standard resorts, Silver Crown, or Gold Crown. Many units are hotel type, studios, or one bedrooms. Also the $129 advertised is for hotel or studio units. One BR is $179 and two BR is $219. Include $20-$30 for taxes. Don't forget to add in the annual cost of the maintance fee and RCI membership when coumputing the value of a TS for the last call vacations. If you buy try to get a points resort. They have more flexibility for exchanging.

Mike N.
Mar 19, 2007

I have useed ONE of the 45 days or less out vacations in Dec., have not been able to get another since! They told me how easy it was to use them, and even trying to go places here in the states, off season, is not working! I am in Oregon and can not even get one here at the beach, and this IS the WAY off season for this! I home school 1 child, so our travel times are VERY flexable, and when asking, "what about the week before or after, or even close", I get a no answer! I am NOT very happy with this, to say the least!

Karen O.
Apr 09, 2007

Karen066 said" >> have useed ONE of the 45 days or less out vacations in Dec., have not been able to get another since! They told me how easy it was to use them, and even trying to go places here in the states, off season, is not working! I am in Oregon and can not even get one here at the beach, and this IS the WAY off season for this! I home school 1 child, so our travel times are VERY flexible...<<

We're in a similar boat - we HS in WA -- and are still in our 7 day rescission period - wondering if we should dump it. Does it look like all the offerings are more east coast / central US? Karen - did you buy with Trendwest?

S M.
Apr 09, 2007

sm114 wrote:
Karen066 said" >> have useed ONE of the 45 days or less out vacations in Dec., have not been able to get another since! They told me how easy it was to use them, and even trying to go places here in the states, off season, is not working! I am in Oregon and can not even get one here at the beach, and this IS the WAY off season for this! I home school 1 child, so our travel times are VERY flexible...<<

We're in a similar boat - we HS in WA -- and are still in our 7 day rescission period - wondering if we should dump it. Does it look like all the offerings are more east coast / central US? Karen - did you buy with Trendwest?

-------------- My opinion is if you bought a TS just to use the Last Call Vacations, then it is not very cost efficient, considering the RCI fees and TS maintenance fees. I read somewhere that one can join RCI without a TS and just use the vacation options, but I don't know if that's true. Other posters...do you agree?

Mike N.
Apr 10, 2007

I would rescind immediately via a certified letter with return receipt from your post office following the exact procedures for rescission in your contract.

Until you learn more about timesharing (other than the lies a salesperson might have told you) I wouldn't buy until I was sure what/where/price I was willing to pay on the resale market.

Also, I would never buy any timeshare just to join an exchange company for Last Call offers. Inventory changes all the time, and in hard to get places (supply and demand) you may never see anything at all.

sm114 wrote:

R P.
Apr 10, 2007

jayjay wrote:
I would rescind immediately via a certified letter with return receipt from your post office following the exact procedures for rescission in your contract.

Until you learn more about timesharing (other than the lies a salesperson might have told you) I wouldn't buy until I was sure what/where/price I was willing to pay on the resale market.

Also, I would never buy any timeshare just to join an exchange company for Last Call offers. Inventory changes all the time, and in hard to get places (supply and demand) you may never see anything at all.

sm114 wrote:

Yup - spent yesterday learning, learning, learning. Will probably ditch it and take more time to learn before buying - probably resale market. Thanks!

S M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.