Point Systems

Is there a process by which you can convert a "weeks t/s to a point system?

Mar 09, 2007

I am intertesed in converting my deeded week to a points system. Has anyone been successful with this? I have never been provided with a straight answer from my resort.

Kevin F.
Mar 10, 2007

Are you in RCI? The resort itself must switch to the points system, then current owners will have the right to switch to Points (ususally for a fee). Here's a suggestion that worked well for me. I own at a 'weeks resort' and recently bought a unit at a 'points resort'. In this manner I can now convert my 'weeks resort' week to points. This would be done on an annual basis. Search around for a resort with a lot of points for a minimal maintanence fee.

Mike N.
Mar 10, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
Are you in RCI? The resort itself must switch to the points system, then current owners will have the right to switch to Points (ususally for a fee). Here's a suggestion that worked well for me. I own at a 'weeks resort' and recently bought a unit at a 'points resort'. In this manner I can now convert my 'weeks resort' week to points. This would be done on an annual basis. Search around for a resort with a lot of points for a minimal maintanence fee.
Thank You Mike-

I do own within the RCI Network. I have a deed week each summer and the resort has contacted me however in an effort to sell me a "points" timeshare, seperate from my deeded week. I am interested, depending on the value, in either converting the week to points or purchasing a points timeshare with low maintanence fees as you advise.

Thanks again-

Kevin F.
Mar 11, 2007

kevinf89 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
Thank You Mike-

I do own within the RCI Network. I have a deed week each summer and the resort has contacted me however in an effort to sell me a "points" timeshare, seperate from my deeded week. I am interested, depending on the value, in either converting the week to points or purchasing a points timeshare with low maintanence fees as you advise.

Thanks again-

------------------ That's what happened to me. My home resort in NH opened a new points resort and tried to sell me a unit. After hearing the benefits of Points, I just went out and bought somewhere else. I found one that was cheaper with more points and half the MF.

Mike N.
Mar 12, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
kevinf89 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
Thank You Mike-

Thanks again-

------------------ That's what happened to me. My home resort in NH opened a new points resort and tried to sell me a unit. After hearing the benefits of Points, I just went out and bought somewhere else. I found one that was cheaper with more points and half the MF.

Thanks again Mike-

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your points timeshare?

Kevin F.
Mar 12, 2007

kevinf89 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
kevinf89 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
Thank You Mike-

Thanks again-

Thanks again Mike-

----------- Rayburn Country Club Resort (RCI ID #5016 ). I probably will NEVER use the unit. I bought it for the points.

Mike N.
Mar 13, 2007

In the presentation of a points system timeshare a very big deal was made about the RCI points. For instance, a unit qualifies for 122,000 RCI points AND they were giving 4 bonus weeks with RCI with purchase. My question is are these points transferable if I buy on a resale basis? Obviously, this would have a big impact on the resale value.

Michael R.
Mar 13, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
kevinf89 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
kevinf89 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
Thank You Mike-

Thanks again-

Thanks again Mike-

----------- Rayburn Country Club Resort (RCI ID #5016 ). I probably will NEVER use the unit. I bought it for the points.

Thank you again-

Kevin F.
Mar 14, 2007

michaelr286 wrote:
In the presentation of a points system timeshare a very big deal was made about the RCI points. For instance, a unit qualifies for 122,000 RCI points AND they were giving 4 bonus weeks with RCI with purchase. My question is are these points transferable if I buy on a resale basis? Obviously, this would have a big impact on the resale value.
------------ While I cannot answer your question directly, I may be able to provide some insight for you to ask questions to the seller. Ask the seller if 122,000 points is one year's allocation. I've seen promotions stating a unit is worth a large number of points. Many times this number is actually two years worth of points which is the amount you can carry over. As for bonus weeks, if these are offered by a TS developer, then you may not be able to get them from a private seller (ask the seller or even RCI). If RCI bonus weeks are anything like Interval International bonus weeks, then they aren't really worth a lot anyway (II are only good for travel within 45 days). If you indeed get 122,000 points for one year then, unless you are booking 2 and 3 bedroom units, you can get a lot of vacations (short notice vacations are only 9000 points). Good Luck

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.