The Royal Sands

Internet In Villa Yet?

Mar 11, 2007

Hi,

Is there access to the internet, other than at the business center, if I brought a laptop.

Any WI FI in the resort?

Thanks

Jim

James O.
Mar 13, 2007

my parents just got back from there and said there was no wireless internet there. :( they had to use the computers at the resort and said they were older and slow.

Deanna R.
Mar 14, 2007

deannar21 wrote:
my parents just got back from there and said there was no wireless internet there. :( they had to use the computers at the resort and said they were older and slow.

Thanks very much for your answer. You saved me from lugging my laptop.

Much appreciated

James O.
Mar 29, 2007

Dial up in room for 30.00 a week

Robert Z.
Jul 10, 2007

james3633 wrote:
Hi,

Is there access to the internet, other than at the business center, if I brought a laptop.

Any WI FI in the resort?

Thanks

Jim

Hi!

Just returned from the Sands 2 days ago. The plan is to put Wireless availability in during the Fall Maintenance Week. But, for now, everyone sits at the small seating area just outside the Sales Center & Grocery Store & picks up Access through the Sales Center :) Works great & saves you time at the computers in the Business Center!

Lynn R.
Jul 12, 2007

lynn561 wrote:
james3633 wrote:
Hi,

Any WI FI in the resort?

Thanks

Jim

Hi!

Just returned from the Sands 2 days ago. The plan is to put Wireless availability in during the Fall Maintenance Week. But, for now, everyone sits at the small seating area just outside the Sales Center & Grocery Store & picks up Access through the Sales Center :) Works great & saves you time at the computers in the Business Center!

Great point about internet access near the sales office. We go to the Sands many times and I have never thought of that. THere are 4 of us and we just keep paying the business office. Thanks

Laurie D.
Jul 14, 2007

In the villa, I used my Blackberry to access Sprint and got through easily but it was slow but not as slow as dial up.

Scott P.
Sep 04, 2007

Hi,

There is an inexpensive dial up service offered through a company called Todito. You can prepay and it's actually not bad. Check out this link. http://www.toditocard.com

The site's in Spanish, but it's easy to follow. Can't wait for wireless, though. We're going in December.

Marcia

Marcia A.

Last edited by mkassor on Sep 04, 2007 08:39 AM

Apr 08, 2008

james3633 wrote:
Hi,

Any WI FI in the resort?

Thanks

Jim

We just returned from two weeks at the Sands and two weeks at the Royal Haciendas. Yes, they do have wireless at the Sands resort, but it is only available at present in the common areas. That means you can use your laptop in the 2 lobby areas and in the lounge area outside of the grocery store. They did not know when they would have wireless in the villas. It is free wireless in the common areas. If you do not want to bring your laptop, you can use their computers in the internet section of the store (relocated this year from the business office), but you have to buy a time card (about $8 for 30 minutes) The newer Royal Haciendas Resort near Playa del Carmen does have wireless in all of the villas and common areas - including poolside. Gorgeous beaches too!!!

Deb K.
May 14, 2009

Has this been updated at all? Is wireless internet available in the Villas? I'm planning a trip mid-September 2009 and am taking online classes that I'll have to keep updated on.

Thanks!

Donna M.
May 06, 2012

anybody? whats the latest with wireless in the rooms...been two years since last??? come on??

Mike S.
May 06, 2012

i am sorry....three years????? lets go people is there wireless in the rooms yet??

Mike S.
May 07, 2012

According to the resort's website, it does have free wireless internet, http://www.royalresorts.com/the-royal-sands.asp.

Marty F
May 22, 2012

In March, 2012, free wireless internet service was available in the villas and worked well. At check in, you need to ask for a paswword from the front desk -

Frank F.
Oct 01, 2012

Just got back from the Sands. They do have wireless in the units. I stayed in 5533 last week and we had WIFI in the room. The signal was POOR, but better than nothing.

James O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.