Marriott's Barony Beach Club

maintenance schedule at spring break

Mar 25, 2007

Marriott & Barony are usually top-notch; NOT SO MUCH w week 11, 2007 POORLY planned maintenance schedule had the maintenance schedule during prime spring break weeks - Barony desparately requires a NEW management team. I cannot recommend a company that would take it's prime units out for maintenance schedule at spring break - the winter weather would have permitted much better planning that this.

No one should pay top $$ for Marriott and top $$ for Marriott maintenance only to be offered units behind the Westin with no Ocean View!

This is the first time in 12 years, that we have experience incompetence on such a scale. Exchnages are often completed a year in advance. We were taken advantage of by a company that should know better!

DrRonald H.
May 07, 2007

As an owner at Barony, I can't speak to the maintenance schedule Ronald 118 referred to. We've never encountered a problem not being able to get a unit where requested due to maintenance. However, he also commented on being placed in a unit behind the Westin Hotel, without a beach view. It sounds to me as though Ronald had exchanged into Barony and was placed into a unit in the Garden Villas. The Garden Villas are located across the street (which leads into the Westin Hotel) from the ocean and the other five Barony buildings, some of which have ocean view or ocean front Villas. The Garden Villas are actualy behind the Westin Hotel, were the first units built at Barony, and were never advertised as having an ocean view. They are a distance from the ocean, but the units themselves are as nice as those in the Barony oceanside buildings. My suggestion - if you're considering renting or buying at Barony from someone advertising here on Redweek or elsewhere, or exchanging in via Interval or some other service, and being in the units close to the ocean is important to you, ask first which building you'll be in. If you're dealing with an owner, they know which units they purchased, and they can tell you. If they don't know, perhaps you want to deal with someone else. The Garden Villas are very nice, and suit some people just fine. Others (like me) prefer to be closer to where most all the resort activities occur, and closer to the ocean. Therefore, I own in the Oceanside units.

Kathi L.
May 07, 2007

kathi32

Kathi32 I think we are in esential aggrement. We own Ocean Front at a Florida Marriott.

I agree that the The Garden Villas are vey nice; however, it is the ocean view that we require. I can have a garden view at my home!

Marriott owners pay a premium upfront and then in maintenance fees. In an exchange it is clear that the property owners should have priority; the Marriott owners should have second priority. We were advised that the non-Marriott public who rents has prioirty over the trading Marriott owner.

I do not remember this policy ever being explained at the sales pitch. I am finding that I might rent a Marriott property for a fee close to the maintenance fee. This is NOT an incentive to purchase Marriott.

I have also found the secondary market to provide much more incentive than the primary Marriott market.

I am also contending that maintenance should be scheduled in the slow seasons and not at peak season.

DrRonald H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.