Timeshare Exchanges

Don't own yet - RCI question

Apr 08, 2007

Can anyone tell me about RCI's last minute rental options for members (Something that's like inventory liquidation - 45 days out - I think?) For example, what's showing up now that would be OR, WA or western Canada?

Thanks

S M.
Apr 09, 2007

I don't see any Last Call vacations in the above areas (April and May).

As mentioned earlier, I would never buy a timeshare just to join an exchange company for Last Call as the inventory constantly changes, and it may never show anything in some areas, especially those with low supply and high demand as seems to be in your choices.

I would suggest that you buy (resale), or rent from individual owners, when/where you like to go. That way there's no guessing as to what may be available.

R P.
May 07, 2007

Stay away from RCI This company is not owner friendly

DrRonald H.
Jun 12, 2007

I agree - I would not join RCI just for this reason.. I used to work for RCI and I can tell you that the places you mentioned will never have last minute inventory available. The places where you will find this type of thing are Mexico, the Dominican Republic, the Midwest (Branson, MO usually), Inland Texas, and sometimes Inland Florida. There are a few more places, but those are the major ones.

Jill D.
Jun 13, 2007

Re: >> Can anyone tell me about RCI's last minute rental options for members.............<<

I'm certainly not going to wave RCI's banner, not by a long shot. My own RCI membership is current, but will most likely NOT be renewed again upon expiration.

That clearly stated, I HAVE occasionally found and utilized "Last Call" weeks with RCI. I spent a week in Vermont just a few weeks ago, in fact, for under $200. The "Last Call" inventory is generally off season, off peak, out of synch with school vacations, etc., but there may still (once in a while) be something that fits YOUR particular interests, schedule, availability. Looking (and booking) on line is very easy for members. However, it would, in my opinion, be foolhardy to join RCI only for the limited benefit of "Last Call" inventory availability.

KC
Jun 25, 2007

Does anyone have a review for the Albatros Golf Club in Egypt? I'm going with friends in March,08 and want to be sure this is a quality resort.

Jacqueline D.
Jul 30, 2007

jacquelined30 wrote:
Does anyone have a review for the Albatros Golf Club in Egypt? I'm going with friends in March,08 and want to be sure this is a quality resort.

======= It is listed on p. 439 of the RCI Directory as a "Limited Availability" resort. In fact, every Egyptian resort is Limited Availability! There is a note at the bottom of the list to search THE MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA on RCI.com. Give it a try. MD

Mary D.
Sep 23, 2019

I used to own 122,000 annual RCI points until Dec. 2010, and traveled everywhere I desired until my income changed. Had to sell due to finances. Now, I want to enjoy my fixed income retirement and thought about RCI' Last call deals and buying the lowest annual maintenance fee RCI points property. That would be an EOY or triannual ownership. I have the time ... but my funds are extremely limited. Unfortunately, I called Rci and RCI told me I would get what I wanted (Gold Crown) with a high points membership (hefty annual fees) instead of relying on their Last Call inventory. I wish there was a way I could window shop with RCI and see what Last Call deals are available before I commit to any annual (forever) maintenance fee. Any suggestions or assistance? Thank you!

Mary P.
Dec 07, 2019

maryp514 wrote:
I used to own 122,000 annual RCI points until Dec. 2010, and traveled everywhere I desired until my income changed. Had to sell due to finances. Now, I want to enjoy my fixed income retirement and thought about RCI' Last call deals and buying the lowest annual maintenance fee RCI points property. That would be an EOY or triannual ownership. I have the time ... but my funds are extremely limited. Unfortunately, I called Rci and RCI told me I would get what I wanted (Gold Crown) with a high points membership (hefty annual fees) instead of relying on their Last Call inventory. I wish there was a way I could window shop with RCI and see what Last Call deals are available before I commit to any annual (forever) maintenance fee. Any suggestions or assistance? Thank you!

Hi Mary,

RCI has a website for unused timeshare listings. One of them is trip beat. They also have sites specific to active and retired military, first responders, etc. https://www.tripbeat.com/

Interval International has a site called Condo Direct that lists their extra timeshares. This site and Trip Beat/Endless Vacation is somewhat like a last call listing for units.

https://www.condodirect.com/travel/welcome.home

Carol P.
Dec 08, 2019

maryp514 wrote:
Now, I want to enjoy my fixed income retirement and thought about RCI' Last call deals.

I look at Extra Vacations and Last Calls almost every day, because I like to keep informed the three couples who have Five Year Guest Passes under our RCI subscription. I/we have done around 200 RCI weeks, but the last 24 have been for our Guest Pass holders, none for us.

1. I can tell you what you can likely get, where, and for how much (most of the weeks our Guest Pass Holders get are $239-$299). There are "sales" every week, and often Extra Vacations are just as inexpensive as Last Calls. In one recent "sale" they had beaucoup $239 Extra Vacations for up until next May, six months out. For the next year there are "3173 resorts for your search." The most recent Extra Vacation booked by one of our Guest Pass holders was booked last week, for a week in May, for $239, a one bedroom at a Gold Crown (they normally get a 2 Bedroom, but they "settled" this time).

2. I would suggest that you see if you could renew your expired RCI subscription, and then use it just for Extra Vacations and Last Calls.

3. If you can't renew your RCI subscription, I would suggest you get a Five Year Guest Pass through a current RCI subscriber, for $179. Or, get an RCI subscriber to reserve stuff for you, and pay the Guest Certificate fee.

5. I don't understand what you are saying when you say RCI told you what you could get when they don't even know what you don't own yet!

5. I would not place any confidence in anything anyone that answers the phone at RCI tells you. (30 years of experience speaking)(No one who answers the phone there has 30 years experience.)

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Dec 08, 2019 05:41 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.