Timeshare Companies

TrendWest - WorldMark - Resale limitations?

Apr 09, 2007

Does anyone know what the limitations are on folks who buy TrendWest/Wordlmark on the resale market vs direct from the company? There are ALWAYS perks that are lost, it seems, when buying resale - I'm just wondering what those would be. I've heard it said a person should buy the minimum from TW to be a member, then add points from the resale market. Is it possible to just buy resale, or is there some loophole that makes resale points worthless without a company-purchased week to attach?

Thanks

S M.
Apr 22, 2007

sm114 wrote:
Does anyone know what the limitations are on folks who buy TrendWest/Wordlmark on the resale market vs direct from the company? There are ALWAYS perks that are lost, it seems, when buying resale - I'm just wondering what those would be. I've heard it said a person should buy the minimum from TW to be a member, then add points from the resale market. Is it possible to just buy resale, or is there some loophole that makes resale points worthless without a company-purchased week to attach?

Thanks

Hi

We bought a year ago through the resale market with Worldmark and there is no lost benefits. We have been able to use bonus time, inventory specials etc. They have just started a new program that is only for buying direct. However the benefits are really not much. Special vacation packages and ways to convert points into products. They do have the ability to buy bonus time at earlier dates but they must pay a higher rate. SO far we have found worldmark to be wonderful. I think it is because they are owner owned and non-profit. So the developer does not control the club.

Dawn J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.