General Discussion

How to buy when buyer and seller do not reside in the US

Apr 16, 2007

Good evening,

Three years ago, we purchased a week ocean front Marriott timeshare in West Palm Beach. We like it very much and plan on keeping it for 30+ yrs. We bought from Marriott the first week and this time I want to buy from on the secondary market. We live in Canada, If I buy person to person from somebody living in Austria what are the main considerations. What would the first step be.

Luc P.
Apr 16, 2007

The first step would be to get in touch with a closing company and let them handle the paperwork. One reputable closing company is www.timesharetransfer.com and Redweek uses American Title.

R P.
Apr 16, 2007

P.S. There's also a closing company owned by a reputable member of Redweek with the screename of john1671, however I don't know the closing company's internet address. Perhaps john will come along and provide it for us.

R P.
May 20, 2008

jayjay wrote:
P.S. There's also a closing company owned by a reputable member of Redweek with the screename of john1671, however I don't know the closing company's internet address. Perhaps john will come along and provide it for us.

Marriott has first right of refusal on all weeks being resold. With that being said, Marriott picks up most units that are being offered below current Market value. Therefore, you can begin a purchase and once it goes across the Marriott desk to be signed off on, you risk the chance of not getting it.

Ann C.

Last edited by astephens on May 20, 2008 08:40 AM

May 20, 2008

jayjay wrote:

John Faeth, a genuinely nice fellow, died suddenly a few weeks ago. Several RedWeek members made note here of his passing shortly afterwards. He was a great guy. May God rest his soul.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 20, 2008 09:39 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.