Point Systems

WorldMark

Apr 22, 2007

WE bought into the worldmark system last year. It has been wonderful. They truely have bonus time. We do much of our travel on bonus time. Costs for rooms on bonus time are between $ 36-55. a night. We have managed to see 12 resorts in a year and we only have a 7,000 point package. Our maintenance fees are only 401 a year.

Much more flexibility and cost effective than any other system we checked.

Dawn J.
Jan 14, 2008

dawn91 wrote:
WE bought into the worldmark system last year. It has been wonderful. They truely have bonus time. We do much of our travel on bonus time. Costs for rooms on bonus time are between $ 36-55. a night. We have managed to see 12 resorts in a year and we only have a 7,000 point package. Our maintenance fees are only 401 a year.

Hi,

I am considering buy either worldmark or fairfield. I wonder how does the worldmark credit work? Does each resort requires certain points depends on the time and unit like what they do in fairfield? Thanks.

Jian L.
Jan 16, 2008

jianl2 wrote:
dawn91 wrote:

Hi,

I am considering buy either worldmark or fairfield. I wonder how does the worldmark credit work? Does each resort requires certain points depends on the time and unit like what they do in fairfield? Thanks.

Hi

They do require cetain points, however if you do bonus or inventory time you do not need any points. We owned at Fairfield and found them to not be at all useful. Getting into resorts was really hard and the points needed was more than we were told. We bought in at a 300k package to be at the VIP level and still could not get into the resorts we wanted. There is also little bonus time and it is much more expensive than World Mark. There is a reason that World Mark has the highest owner satisfaction of any timeshare. We are happy owners.

Dawn J.
Jan 19, 2008

dawn91 wrote:
jianl2 wrote:
dawn91 wrote:

Hi,

Hi

They do require cetain points, however if you do bonus or inventory time you do not need any points. We owned at Fairfield and found them to not be at all useful. Getting into resorts was really hard and the points needed was more than we were told. We bought in at a 300k package to be at the VIP level and still could not get into the resorts we wanted. There is also little bonus time and it is much more expensive than World Mark. There is a reason that World Mark has the highest owner satisfaction of any timeshare. We are happy owners.

What did you do with your Fairfield package? Since as a Fairfield (Wyndam) owner we see a lot more Worldmark resorts accessible to us? Just curious. I own FF and will not be able to convince my husband to buy anymore timeshare, as we do use our wyndam and get all we want to book. However we do book early and are probably more flexible than most people.

Lanita P.
Jan 19, 2008

lanitap wrote:
dawn91 wrote:
jianl2 wrote:
dawn91 wrote:

Hi,

Hi

What did you do with your Fairfield package? Since as a Fairfield (Wyndam) owner we see a lot more Worldmark resorts accessible to us? Just curious. I own FF and will not be able to convince my husband to buy anymore timeshare, as we do use our wyndam and get all we want to book. However we do book early and are probably more flexible than most people.

Hi

we were fortunate that when we bought our fairfield we required them to give us a return ability. I know it is not normal but I think they were desperate. At the time we told them we were not convinced the product was as good as they said and we wanted six months to test out the product. Reluctently they put it into our contract, so we used it as much as possible in the time frame and found out it was very difficult for our family. We live near South Shore and wanted to access the resort there, but it was impossible. No availability. With Worldmark it is still booked but we get in on bonus time for 1-3 nights monthly. It is our little getaway. My husband loves it because he had passes to Heavenly.

Dawn J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.