Timeshare Exchanges

Playa Del Sol Resorts

May 11, 2007

Anyone had any experience with this company? Their current sales department is operating out of one of their properties in Puerta Vallarti, Mexico. The Costa Sur.

Don M.
May 30, 2007

I suggest you look at several write ups on TheSquakyWheel.com

Rebecca V.
May 31, 2007

rebeccav6 wrote:
I suggest you look at several write ups on TheSquakyWheel.com
----------- it's "thesqueakywheel.com"

Mike N.
Jun 08, 2007

Yes, I stayed at the Playa Del Sol, Costa Sur very recently, in fact I stayed there last week during Memorial Day.

I'm not sure which rooms they'll be showing you at Costa Sur, but let me tell you as a timeshare, they are very mediocre. It's at best a three star hotel/timeshare, and will never ever be a five star hotel. The restaurants are fair, and the pool beachside is still quite pretty, but the downside is that it is a bit away from the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta, and there are not many good eats in the immediate vicinity.

Let me fill you in on a recent experience that happened at Costa Sur. While I was watching the biggest program in Mexico during the Memorial Day weekend (the Mexican soccer championships) the television cable went out. I called down to the front desk who indicated that since it was after hours, that if I could wait until the A.M.! Can you believe that? In fact, I told the front desk guy, that I was watching a favorite program of mine and that I wanted someone to see to it whether it was a hotel issue or a local room issue. He indicated to me that he thought it was a local room issue as no one had complained. About five minutes later, this front desk staff member called me up to say that he had called maintenance and that the issue was with the local cable company. I had to leave the hotel to go downtown (which is about a $5 cab ride)

The next day, I asked to speak with the manager to ask him what he intended to do about the cable. He told me that the issue still wasn't resolved but that it was a hotel policy not to give their customer's anything! Can you believe that crap? I couldn't. So I persisted and although the hotel kept putting up their hands saying that it wasn't their fault, it wasn't their fault, well it certainly wasn't my fault! All in all, I eventually was able to lodge a formal complaint and that's it. No free dinner coupons or free drink coupons.

For this reason, my stay there was tainted. However, my review in the first paragraph is extremely fair. If you check up on www.tripadvisor.com, it will agree with my assessment.

Al misobrilliant@gmail.com

Al O.
Aug 01, 2007

donm37 wrote:
Anyone had any experience with this company? Their current sales department is operating out of one of their properties in Puerta Vallarti, Mexico. The Costa Sur.
====== Well, we took the Tour with Playa del Sol in 2001. The resort we saw was on the beach in the Malecon area, that is to say downtown. I liked the airy units themselves but the grounds were limited. Mainly the beach itself with palapas. Frankly, we were slightly paniced by the seeming limitlessness of what they said we could use and when. The "WAY too good to be True" effect. I like to know exactly how and why things work, for better or for worse. It was very hard to escape and we did finally buy into the Holiday Exchange Company they promoted when all else failed. (A whole 'nother story!)

The last time we were in Puerto Vallarta,(2006) we heard references to a new Grand Playa del Sol in the Nuevo Vallarta area but did not see it. That may be the one your other responder mentioned as being far out. MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Aug 01, 2007 03:16 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.