Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

HOW I SOLD 9 TIMESHARES ON INTERNET LISTING SITES SUCH AS REDWEEK

May 26, 2007

After retirement several years ago we bought 9 timeshares weeks where we liked to go (mountains and gulf/ocean). We then moved to the mountains and we seldom vacation for an entire week any longer. Also, rising costs related to timesharing (maintenance fees, special assessments, exchange fees) have skyrocketed in the last several years so we decided to sell all our 9 weeks.

I am a photo buff. Whenever we previously went to our timeshares I always took many pictures of the units inside, the grounds and the resort itself. I posted these pictures on picturetrail.com and included a link to my picturetrail site in all my ads in order that anyone interested in any of my timeshares knew exactly what they were getting resale.

I sold all our weeks via Redweek, MyResortNetwork and Bidshares. We had bought one developer week and therefore lost money bigtime, but the other weeks were bought resale at very reasonable prices and I lost no money on those weeks.

I honestly believe that adding a link to my picturetrail site is what eventually sold all of our weeks plus the reasonable costs of the resales.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.