Marriott's Desert Springs Villas

Difference of Villas 1 and villas 2

Jul 03, 2007

IS THERE NOT A DIFFERENCE IN RENTAL OR SALES PRICE BETWEEN DESERT SPRINGS VILLAS 1 AND VILLAS 2?

Marcia S.
Jul 16, 2007

marcias61 wrote:
IS THERE NOT A DIFFERENCE IN RENTAL OR SALES PRICE BETWEEN DESERT SPRINGS VILLAS 1 AND VILLAS 2?
There could be. When I purchased my Villas One years ago they were only selling Villas Two so I had to get a resale. It was a better deal. Some like the newer property of Villas 2 but V1 units are a bit larger and they have use of the Hotel Spa. So depending on who you are V1 or V2 could interest you differently. Both properties are superior to others in the area because of the fact that they are located on Hotel grounds and you have close access to the boat, spa. shopping and especially the restuarants that are on site. Love this property. Love Villas One but if you want to be right next to a pool (have small Children) you might like 2 better.

Sandra G.
Jul 17, 2007

marcias61 wrote:
Yes! Villas I are almost 1800 square feet with a lay-out the works for everyone! You have a master suite with a king bed and a second suite with 2 queen beds plus the living room with a hide-a-bed if you need it. This is a unit where everyone is comfortful and not crowded unlike the Villas II. If you plan it right you can stay right on the golf course with a view of the hotel so at night the lights are great to look at from your Villa! You feel like you are apart of the hotel!I have stayed in booth and have owned for 16 years and would never stay at Villas II!!!!

Becky P.
Jul 19, 2007

Yes there is a real difference. Villas 1 is of the top of any Marriott anywhere and they are not going to build em like this again. They are larger and bigger is definately much better in this case. They have recently been updated. The living room is sunken and the ceilings are higher. A lot more glass and light and distance from neighbors with much larger balconies. It is a gorgeous ode of wasted space. What is the real plus which you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere is Villas1 has spa access included no extra charge by contract which Villas2 does not have. They just tore the spa down and rebuilt, opening July 2007 ie now open with an adults only pool which is etra special :) Most folks staying here don't seem to know and use this. Both 1 and 2 have access to the hotels massive pool complex as will as many pools at the time share. I suggest R,S,T buildings, they sit high and have better mountain and cross city views with more privacy and were among first to be updated, but did retain some fake plant arrangement which should have been taken to brighten some landfill though we just put it in the closet. Villas2 very nice and still much nicer than most timeshares you'll find (they show Villas2 photo on redweek) Villas2 are more narrow and built to maximize the number of units, but really not to be compared with Villas1. If you can't get into 1 staying at 2 is fine and would be prefferred over Marriotts Shadow Ridge. However, if I couldn't get Villas 1, for me the next best thing in the desert is the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage though beware of spring wind.

James R.

Last edited by james3456 on Jul 19, 2007 12:42 PM

Oct 16, 2007

What is the difference in price for resales.

Margaret S.
Feb 07, 2008

james3456 wrote:
Yes there is a real difference. Villas 1 is of the top of any Marriott anywhere and they are not going to build em like this again. They are larger and bigger is definately much better in this case. They have recently been updated. The living room is sunken and the ceilings are higher. A lot more glass and light and distance from neighbors with much larger balconies. It is a gorgeous ode of wasted space. What is the real plus which you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere is Villas1 has spa access included no extra charge by contract which Villas2 does not have. They just tore the spa down and rebuilt, opening July 2007 ie now open with an adults only pool which is etra special :) Most folks staying here don't seem to know and use this. Both 1 and 2 have access to the hotels massive pool complex as will as many pools at the time share. I suggest R,S,T buildings, they sit high and have better mountain and cross city views with more privacy and were among first to be updated, but did retain some fake plant arrangement which should have been taken to brighten some landfill though we just put it in the closet. Villas2 very nice and still much nicer than most timeshares you'll find (they show Villas2 photo on redweek) Villas2 are more narrow and built to maximize the number of units, but really not to be compared with Villas1. If you can't get into 1 staying at 2 is fine and would be prefferred over Marriotts Shadow Ridge. However, if I couldn't get Villas 1, for me the next best thing in the desert is the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage though beware of spring wind.
I am booked to stay in the Villas 2 in March, I was wondering if you could suggest a certain room or unit? at the time I was told the villas2 was better because they were newer, that's not what I am hearing on this site. P

Patty L.
Feb 11, 2008

Hi. I have just booked a 2-bedroom unit at Villas 2 for October 2008. We are planning to play golf on the two courses during our stay, and are wondering if there is a particular building that would be better to stay in. Also are Villas 1 and 2 within walking distance of each other? Is the pool by Villas 2 divided so that the kids have their area vs an adult area? We have stayed in severals Marriotts in Orlando, Hilton Head Island, Southern California, St. Augustine. They are very nice no matter where we go. Sure enjoy the roominess and the facilities within. Thanks for your response! Patti

Patti C.
Feb 12, 2008

waltandpatti wrote:
Hi. I have just booked a 2-bedroom unit at Villas 2 for October 2008. We are planning to play golf on the two courses during our stay, and are wondering if there is a particular building that would be better to stay in. Also are Villas 1 and 2 within walking distance of each other? Is the pool by Villas 2 divided so that the kids have their area vs an adult area? We have stayed in severals Marriotts in Orlando, Hilton Head Island, Southern California, St. Augustine. They are very nice no matter where we go. Sure enjoy the roominess and the facilities within. Thanks for your response! Patti

You will love it. We go out every November and there is no place better with weather and the beauty of the courses. Viilas 2 is wonderful.. ask for a top unit unless you have children with you because they won't be able to walk out to grass from patio. Have fun

Margaret S.
Feb 13, 2008

margarets112 wrote:
waltandpatti wrote:

You will love it. We go out every November and there is no place better with weather and the beauty of the courses. Viilas 2 is wonderful.. ask for a top unit unless you have children with you because they won't be able to walk out to grass from patio. Have fun

Patty L.
Feb 13, 2008

Hello, Why do you suggestion a top unit? can you also suggestion a room that you stayed in, that was great.Is it a far walk to the market, and the people we are traveling with smoke. Is there any smoking at all on site? Thanks Patty

Patty L.
May 28, 2008

There has been some discussion that you lose the ability to enjoy the Spa free if you buy a resale at Villas I, is this correct?

Margaret R.
May 29, 2008

james3456 wrote:
QUESTION: What do you mean that VILLA I has access to the SPA? VILLA II does not? If you buy a VILLA I resale, would the use of the SPA transfer?

Margaret R.
Feb 15, 2009

Hi, hoping someone knowledgeable about Desert Villas can answer 2 big questions several of us seem to have. (I noticed a few others above are also in the dark, with no one replying...). This is, 1) Do you still have access to the Spa free if you buy a RESALE of a Desert Villa I ? 2) Is the children's play area better in Desert Villa I, vs II?

Anyone who can help us here

Tim C.
Mar 28, 2010

timc185 wrote:
Hi, hoping someone knowledgeable about Desert Villas can answer 2 big questions several of us seem to have. (I noticed a few others above are also in the dark, with no one replying...). This is, 1) Do you still have access to the Spa free if you buy a RESALE of a Desert Villa I ? 2) Is the children's play area better in Desert Villa I, vs II?

Anyone who can help us here

I can only answer the question about children's play area... there is a large pool in DVII that is much better than the many small pools in DVI. However, guests (I or II) have access to all the pools. For example, we usually stay at DVI and go to the large pool at DVII (couple blocks away) a few days of the week and then just pop out to the smaller pools of DVI on the other days.

I would also be interested to know the answer about DVI Spa access on resales given I am considering purchasing.

Mike E.
Dec 27, 2012

Hi how does the golf packages work if exchanging in such as costs and conditions

Thanks

David
Jan 27, 2013

As a resale owner at villas 1 I always had access to the spa BUT the spa is a concession and after a major remodeling decided that the villas 1 owners would no longer be able to use the spa. I believe the board is still trying to negotiate this but it will probable not happen. This should not detere one from villas 1. They are amazing and I always look forward to my two weeks there.

Ronald W.
Mar 25, 2013

You do now have access to the spa and hotel if you are staying in Villas I as part of the stay. As mentioned by others, Villas 1 are larger units. You can go to any of the pools on the property. There is a big main pool in Villas II that is easily accessible by walking or taking the shuttle if you don't want to walk a couple blocks. But there are lots of pools to choose from though. It is very easy to get around the entire property, even the hotel. Great property for kids. There is a kids club, plus many tennis courts, two golf courses and of course the spa is there too.

Sal S.
May 18, 2016

the beds in the guest portion are DOUBLE beds,NOT queens. I have have owned at dsv1 since 1992 & they refuse to change the bed size.

Ev L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.