General Discussion

All Inclusives

Jul 19, 2007

We are interested in renting a week through redweek in the Cancun/Playa area. I don't understand how one adds on the all-inclusive part. (or is it simply not available?)

S.d. P.
Jul 19, 2007

sdp2 wrote:
We are interested in renting a week through redweek in the Cancun/Playa area. I don't understand how one adds on the all-inclusive part. (or is it simply not available?)

In most cases, the AI fee is separate from the rental price that you pay the owner.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 20, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:

In most cases, the AI fee is separate from the rental price that you pay the owner.

Thanks, Marty

Thank you for your prompt reply, but ... in most cases? Is it EVER included in the rental to the owner? and When it is not included, how is it added? or can it be added?

S.d. P.
Jul 20, 2007

sdp2 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Thank you for your prompt reply, but ... in most cases? Is it EVER included in the rental to the owner? and When it is not included, how is it added? or can it be added?

This varies on a resort-by-resort basis. Some collect it from the owner when they pay their maintenance fee or reserve their week for the year. Some are paid upon check-in to the resort. We really rely on the owner to be upfront about how their renter will need to pay those fees. Be sure to ask the owner when inquiring about a rental.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Aug 07, 2007

Stay at the moon palace you'll love it!!! Best all inclusive package i've ever seen!!

Jeff W.
Aug 10, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

This varies on a resort-by-resort basis. Some collect it from the owner when they pay their maintenance fee or reserve their week for the year. Some are paid upon check-in to the resort. We really rely on the owner to be upfront about how their renter will need to pay those fees. Be sure to ask the owner when inquiring about a rental.

Thanks, Marty

===========

Most of the resorts in the Cancun area seem to be All Inclusive (mandatory). This can easily add a thousand or so to your bill, so check out their rates very carefully. We own with Mayan Palace which is one of the few which are NOT All Inclusive and were thinking of picking up an extra exchange week to lengthen our stay this coming February. Everything RCI had to offer was All Inclusive, and it was a long long list. It did show the AI costs, so you might want to check out the small print on the RCI site if you are a member to get an idea of how their costs run. MD

Mary D.
Aug 12, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Thanks, Marty

===========

Most of the resorts in the Cancun area seem to be All Inclusive (mandatory). This can easily add a thousand or so to your bill, so check out their rates very carefully. We own with Mayan Palace which is one of the few which are NOT All Inclusive and were thinking of picking up an extra exchange week to lengthen our stay this coming February. Everything RCI had to offer was All Inclusive, and it was a long long list. It did show the AI costs, so you might want to check out the small print on the RCI site if you are a member to get an idea of how their costs run. MD

We are not RCI members. Is that the only way to find out the add-on for all inclusives? By the way, we stayed at the Mayan Palace last year and were upgraded to the Grand Mayan. It was truly luxurious!

S.d. P.
Aug 12, 2007

jeffw129 wrote:
Stay at the moon palace you'll love it!!! Best all inclusive package i've ever seen!!
So, how much is the "add-on" per day to make the week All Inclusive? (after the cost of paying the timeshare owner) And, in the case of Moon Palace, is this paid to the owner or the resort?

S.d. P.
Aug 12, 2007

swamama wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
sdp2 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Thanks, Marty

===========

We are not RCI members. Is that the only way to find out the add-on for all inclusives? By the way, we stayed at the Mayan Palace last year and were upgraded to the Grand Mayan. It was truly luxurious!
=======

Whoever is advertising the week for rent should be able to tell you exactly what the All Inclusive Fees are at the resort if it is theirs. If it is something they got through an exchange company, back off. They can't legally rent anything they have gotten from RCI or Interval International. RedWeek exchanges are OK.

I suppose you might also be able to Google the name of a resort you are interested in and see what comes up on their own web page. Most resorts have one these days. The All Inclusive fees are per person and I've seen them from $80-some per day to well over $100. If you can't find the one you want, let me know the resort name and I'll take a shot at it.

Does anybody out there know a decent All Inclusive resort with fees under $80 per person per day? How much is Moon Palace? MD

Mary D.

Last edited by adahiscout on Aug 13, 2007 07:45 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.