Timeshare Exchanges

Redweek - How does it work?

Jul 25, 2007

I've looked into Redweek to understand how it works. Is this true that Redweek is just a place to match owners and renters to rent or exchange theirs weeks. I also remembered reading that "Redweek has no involved in exchange/renting transaction..." then how does it works exactly if I want to exchange. I also tried to valuate my week and it asked for period. I believe mine is floating, then what do I put in that box? Thank you.

Kimy N.
Jul 25, 2007

kimyn wrote:
I've looked into Redweek to understand how it works. Is this true that Redweek is just a place to match owners and renters to rent or exchange theirs weeks. I also remembered reading that "Redweek has no involved in exchange/renting transaction..." then how does it works exactly if I want to exchange. I also tried to valuate my week and it asked for period. I believe mine is floating, then what do I put in that box? Thank you.

I have used Redweek to look at timeshares that are available for sale, rent or exchange. If you own a timeshare and would like to sell, rent or exchange it, you can list it on Redweek on the pages they have dedicated to your timeshare location.

Redweek has also come out with a new program to permit timeshare owners to exchange their villas with others as an alternative to other companies such as, Interval International, RCI and others.

To get the most benefit from Redweek, it will be necessary to get a paid membership.

By the way, I am a timeshare owner and Redweek member. I am not employed by Redweek.

Tim

Timothy S.
Jul 25, 2007

kimyn wrote:

Hi Kim,

You can deposit your week into the RedWeek Exchange program, however, we will need you to first reserve a specific week.

We would recommend calling your resort to find out which of the best weeks are available to you, then submitting free valuation requests to see which week would receive the highest RedWeek Exchange Points value. You will have our offers within 24 hours, and can then choose which week to reserve with your resort.

Hope that helps.

Marty

Marty F
Jul 27, 2007

Thanks all for the tips. As a new owner, I got 2 year membership free with RCI. Do I have to use RCI for my exchange? What is the difference between RCI and Redweek Exchange program? Can I use bonus week as an exchange?

Kimy N.
Jul 27, 2007

kimyn wrote:
Thanks all for the tips. As a new owner, I got 2 year membership free with RCI. Do I have to use RCI for my exchange? What is the difference between RCI and Redweek Exchange program? Can I use bonus week as an exchange?

Hi Kim,

A RCI membership doesn't mean you need to use them for exchanges. As long as your weeks aren't already banked with RCI you can use RedWeek.com's exchange program. For the bonus weeks you will need to use RCI or your resort, whoever the bonus weeks are coming from.

To compare prices of the exchange companies please click on this link http://www.redweek.com/exchange/.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 27, 2007 02:46 PM

Sep 20, 2007

How do I pay for a rental once it's approved?

Holly M.
Sep 20, 2007

mickeysgirl wrote:
How do I pay for a rental once it's approved?

Hi Holly,

We highly recommend you and the owner use a Vacation Rental Escrow Service to secure payment. This is the safest way. More on one such service can be found at http://www.redweek.com/help/rental_process/escrow/.

We have a page set up for different payment options with the pros and cons of each at this link http://www.redweek.com/help/payment-method-comparison.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.