Timeshare Exchanges

I don't get this.....

Jul 25, 2007

I was just reviewing red wishes and I am confused as to why people have to post if they can exchange through RCI or II. Can anyone explain this? Everytime I feel I am knowledgeable on TS, I fall right back down the hole.

Sugar A.
Jul 25, 2007

You can save the exchange fee this way,saving 129.00 or so

Robert P.
Jul 25, 2007

Best way to learn about timeshare is go here http://www.tug2.net/ and here http://www.timeshareforums.com/

Robert P.

Last edited by robertp237 on Jul 25, 2007 12:00 PM

Jul 30, 2007

imanm3 asks:, quoted in pertinent part,: >> I am confused as to why people have to post if they can exchange through RCI or II. Can anyone explain this? <<

The simple fact of the matter (....and this is FAR more so in recent years) is that people usually CAN'T get exactly what they want by attempting to exchange through the exchange companies. The cost of paying an exchange fee to the company is a minor and secondary issue ---the critical factor is AVAILABILITY.

KC
Jul 30, 2007

RedWishes can draw out offers which have not been officially put up in the rental and sales part of RedWeeks. For example, I have a property in Mexico which I can use this year but have not decided to use. If someone on RedWishes is looking for it, I might get in touch and see whether we can work something out. On the other hand, if I definitely want to rent it out, I'd post it on RedWeeks rent/sales listings.

Notice there are several different options when searching RedWishes. You can be looking for something in a particular area, swapping weeks for the year, buying points for a particular resort, etc.

As Ken says, exchanging through RCI or II can be expensive and , naturally, you have to have something to exchange! You don't need to own a timeshare to get one on RedWeeks. And owners who are short on time or money may want to earn cash by renting out their weeks rather than just exchanging for a different week. Once a week has been deposited with the exchange company, you can NOT rent out either your original week or the one for which you exchanged. You use it or gift it. MD

Mary D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.