General Discussion

Cancun AI How to Pay

Aug 15, 2007

Although I own several timeshares , I have never been to Mexico. I am sending my son (age 31) and his wife on a timeshare to Sunshine Club at Tucancun...couldn't get a Gold Crown. Any info on this place would be great. Also what is best way to pay for AI, cash, Travelers Checks or credit card? What is best way to get to timeshare from airport? Is there a fair place that exchanges monies? Anything else would be of use, I have read about the police, cab drivers and restaurants. thanks much appreciated

Jeffrey A.
Aug 16, 2007

Sunshine Club at Tucancun Beach, The Avenida Kukulcan Lote 24 , Zona Hotelera Cancun, Quintana Roo 77500 North America , Mexico

Phone 998-8850-814 RCI Code: 1625 Check In / Out Saturday 4:00pm/10:00am

If this is the place, TUG reviews says its a Silver Crown. Folks staying there rate it at about a 6 of 10...friendly staff, clean rooms, but reviews are older. No mention that this is a mandatory AI resort.

Do not go to any timeshare sales here. Have the kids note the e bat auctions for weeks at one dollar each, and maybe they will get the idea of not to buy anything...period.

Sorry, can't help with AI fees. Make sure you know what they are per person. From what I have read, RCI says they will collect the fee at check in...but that might not be the case here.

Kenneth K.
Aug 16, 2007

jeffreya30 wrote:
Although I own several timeshares , I have never been to Mexico. I am sending my son (age 31) and his wife on a timeshare to Sunshine Club at Tucancun...couldn't get a Gold Crown. Any info on this place would be great. Also what is best way to pay for AI, cash, Travelers Checks or credit card? What is best way to get to timeshare from airport? Is there a fair place that exchanges monies? Anything else would be of use, I have read about the police, cab drivers and restaurants. thanks much appreciated

======== This is a mandatory All Inclusive resort according to the RCI Directory. It is 13 miles from the airport, so they will probably take a cab. (Check the price first.) It is located in the hotel zone. Visa or Mastercard would probably be accepted. You can contact the hotel at www.barcelo.com with specific questions. Trust you already know how much the AI fees are. MD

Mary D.
Aug 18, 2007

kekouri wrote:
Sunshine Club at Tucancun Beach, The Avenida Kukulcan Lote 24 , Zona Hotelera Cancun, Quintana Roo 77500 North America , Mexico

Phone 998-8850-814 RCI Code: 1625 Check In / Out Saturday 4:00pm/10:00am

If this is the place, TUG reviews says its a Silver Crown. Folks staying there rate it at about a 6 of 10...friendly staff, clean rooms, but reviews are older. No mention that this is a mandatory AI resort.

Do not go to any timeshare sales here. Have the kids note the e bat auctions for weeks at one dollar each, and maybe they will get the idea of not to buy anything...period.

Sorry, can't help with AI fees. Make sure you know what they are per person. From what I have read, RCI says they will collect the fee at check in...but that might not be the case here.

thank you for your info

Jeffrey A.
Aug 18, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
jeffreya30 wrote:

======== This is a mandatory All Inclusive resort according to the RCI Directory. It is 13 miles from the airport, so they will probably take a cab. (Check the price first.) It is located in the hotel zone. Visa or Mastercard would probably be accepted. You can contact the hotel at www.barcelo.com with specific questions. Trust you already know how much the AI fees are. MD

thank you for the info

Jeffrey A.
Sep 06, 2007

[I have been to a couple of all-inclusive resorts in Mexico although not the one you mention.) We paid our all-inclusive fee by credit card. The only caution about this is to make sure there is not a surcharge or fee to use your credit card. There wasn't in either resort I stayed at for a/i fees, but there was for other stuff. Also, regarding transportation, call the resort and ask if they have a shuttle service. If you are a member of a timeshare exchange company, many times they have a free shuttle. Ours did while we were in Cancun.

Susie M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.