Aug 21, 2007

I am planning a visit next summer and a swimmable beach is very important. What is the ocean/beach like at this Hacienda Del Mar? Its it relatively calm for swimming? Are there lounge chairs and umbrellas on the sand? Thanks.

Betsy S.
Aug 22, 2007

As you might know, there are very few resorts that have swimable beaches in Cabo. The Hacienda del Mar is swimable, but a little rough for a so-so swimmer. If you are looking for calm like Cancun or Florida, you will not find it in Cabo because of the reef. Once you get out 20 yards or so, there is fantastic snorkeling and very calm swimming at this resort. The beach has padded lawn chairs and plenty of canvas and hatch unbrellas.

We have stayed at the Westin and the Hilton and this is the best beach and resort that we have found.

Hope this helps.....

Jessica L.
Aug 24, 2007

I agree with the previous message but would like to add that it depends on the time of year and the tides. There are some times when it is quite calm but I would never recommend this beach for some one who is not a strong swimmer. When we want to swim in the ocean we usually drive up to Bahia Santa Maria where it is calm and great for snorkling even for kids.

Michelle L.
Aug 24, 2007

[We are planning a trip in early August. Is the water calmer then?

Betsy S.
Sep 09, 2007

Other than a couple snorkel areas, the only swimmable beach in Cabo would be Medano Beach, which is located just on the edge of Cabo San Lucas. The resorts in this area are Villa del Palmar, Club Cascades, Pueblo Bonito Rose', Pueblo Bonito Blanco, Casa Dorado, and Cabo Villas. The Pacific side of Cabo is definately not recommended. We have only been in Cabo during February/March. The water is definately warmer in the summer, than February, but not any calmer to my knowledge. Bruce

Sydney E.
Oct 14, 2007

I just left Oct 8,2007 and the waves were horrendous. Couldn't believe I had to throw the lifesaver out to two women stuggling/drowning in the surf...the lifeguard had all he could do to get these women out. The waves were the highest in 10 yrs, according to him...a result of Henriette..it is calmer in Spring, but not by much! Besides, you have 5 beautiful pools to use!!! Walk to beach an lose the lbs. you get drinking 2 for 1's from 11AM to 9PM...I came back 5 lbs. lighter!!!

Judy K.
Jan 25, 2008

breddymn wrote:
Other than a couple snorkel areas, the only swimmable beach in Cabo would be Medano Beach, which is located just on the edge of Cabo San Lucas. The resorts in this area are Villa del Palmar, Club Cascades, Pueblo Bonito Rose', Pueblo Bonito Blanco, Casa Dorado, and Cabo Villas. The Pacific side of Cabo is definately not recommended. We have only been in Cabo during February/March. The water is definately warmer in the summer, than February, but not any calmer to my knowledge. Bruce

Do you have an opinion on the Dedano beach resorts? WE have three small children (9-5 yo). Thanks. Scott

Scott O.
Feb 14, 2008

Hi, Can anyone tell be what kind of things are there to do in Cabo. I will traveling w/2 13yoa girls for Spring Break new year, and am a little concern about what there is to do there for them. Do i need car? How far is it from the town market? Does the resort provide nightly activities? Is it exspensive? Ways to cut cost? Crowd Young or old. You know anything you can think of !

thanks Brenda

Brenda D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.