Timeshare Companies

RCI membership

Sep 01, 2007

How much would it cost for my parents to add my name to their rci membership? I am going on vacation with my friends in march, and i wanted to exchange one of our weeks. the only problem is that if my parents dont come, the guests that check in to the hotel have to be 21, acording to RCI policy. the hotel policy is that u have to be 18 to check in. we're all between 19 and 20 yrs old. if my name is on the account, then theres no age limit. is there a way ofr my parents to do that?

Mostafa I.
Sep 01, 2007

mostafai wrote:
How much would it cost for my parents to add my name to their rci membership? I am going on vacation with my friends in march, and i wanted to exchange one of our weeks. the only problem is that if my parents dont come, the guests that check in to the hotel have to be 21, acording to RCI policy. the hotel policy is that u have to be 18 to check in. we're all between 19 and 20 yrs old. if my name is on the account, then theres no age limit. is there a way ofr my parents to do that?
======================================

Wouldn't it be smarter to get your answer directly from RCI, rather than rely on input from unknown Internet people who might be (and often are) dead wrong?

The (TOLL FREE) number for RCI is 1-800-338-7777.

KC
Sep 04, 2007

Mostafai isn't interested in a multi level/network marking travel scheme Russella.

Ken gave good input by providing the RCI toll free #.

an edit to add to my original post: Russella initially posted and now has deleted a link to Global Resorts Network which is an MLM or network marketing vacation scheme, kind of like the vacation clubs I think. I believe a person pays $2,000 to $3,000 to join then has to pay several hundred dollars each time they actually want to travel. Never have understood this concept. However, their main goal is to continually sign people up for $2,000 so the person that signs them gets $1,000, then the person that signed that person gets a cut and so on. Multi Level marketing at it's finest.

Gary M.

Last edited by garym172 on Sep 04, 2007 04:23 PM

Sep 04, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
mostafai wrote:
======================================

Wouldn't it be smarter to get your answer directly from RCI, rather than rely on input from unknown Internet people who might be (and often are) dead wrong?

The (TOLL FREE) number for RCI is 1-800-338-7777.

======= I had done something similar after I purchased a unit and joined RCI. I had to have my children's name put on the deed or bill of sale. This also allowed me to book a reservation in their name without purchasing a guest certificate. In any event, it should be able to be accomplished one way or another. Let us know the result.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.