Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Collectors / We Collect Timeshares

Sep 19, 2007

The front page cover of the Sept. / Oct, 2007 issue of Timesharing Today (issue #95), which I just received in yesterday's mail, is headlined...

"Washingtom Moves Against Timeshare Collectors. Charged with licensing violation for not recording deeds, then reselling".

The following is quoted verbatim from the opening paragraph of the article:

"The State of Washington's Department of Licensing has charged Timeshare Collectors, which also operates as We Collect Timeshares, with negotiating for the purchase and sale of real estate for other people without having a Real Estate License. By issuing a Statement of Charges, the State has taken the first steps towards issuing a Cease and Desist Order against the company and its principals, Jonathan and Christine Gibbs."

The artcle goes on to describe details of the charges, but it is too lengthy for me to retype here in its entirety. The closing paragraph states (quoted verbatim):

"The Respondents have filed a request for a hearing and an Answer admitting many of the factual allegations, but denying they made any misrepresentations and that they engaged in activities which would require them to to have real estate licenses. No hearing date has been set. "

Since this magazine is available on line only to subscribers of the publication, my posting a link would be of no practical use. Accordingly, I thought I'd at least share the quoted snippet above from the article for those who might be interested in the subject matter.

Prior to the recent posts here on RedWeek and seeing the TT article yesterday, I had frankly never heard of either Timeshare Collectors or We Collect Timeshares. I've certainly heard of them now......

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 19, 2007 11:40 AM

Sep 20, 2007

It's about time a government agency stepped in with a Cease and Desist order for a timeshare resale company. It would be a real coup if other states followed suit. There needs to be more government intervention in that industry that's allowed to outright lie to people and rob them of their money.

Upfront fee resale companies and postcard companies such as WeCollectTimeshares are my main pet peeves (among others) concerning timesharing. To me, they are in the same category as theives and robbers that are sent to prison.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 20, 2007 06:49 AM

Sep 20, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
The front page cover of the Sept. / Oct, 2007 issue of Timesharing Today (issue #95), which I just received in yesterday's mail, is headlined...

"Washingtom Moves Against Timeshare Collectors. Charged with licensing violation for not recording deeds, then reselling".

The following is quoted verbatim from the opening paragraph of the article:

"The State of Washington's Department of Licensing has charged Timeshare Collectors, which also operates as We Collect Timeshares, with negotiating for the purchase and sale of real estate for other people without having a Real Estate License. By issuing a Statement of Charges, the State has taken the first steps towards issuing a Cease and Desist Order against the company and its principals, Jonathan and Christine Gibbs."

The artcle goes on to describe details of the charges, but it is too lengthy for me to retype here in its entirety. The closing paragraph states (quoted verbatim):

"The Respondents have filed a request for a hearing and an Answer admitting many of the factual allegations, but denying they made any misrepresentations and that they engaged in activities which would require them to to have real estate licenses. No hearing date has been set. "

Since this magazine is available on line only to subscribers of the publication, my posting a link would be of no practical use. Accordingly, I thought I'd at least share the quoted snippet above from the article for those who might be interested in the subject matter.

Prior to the recent posts here on RedWeek and seeing the TT article yesterday, I had frankly never heard of either Timeshare Collectors or We Collect Timeshares. I've certainly heard of them now......

I think a friend of mine works for the company "WeCollectTimeshares" also known as "Timeshare Freedom" If you wouldn't mind, I would really like to read that entire article you referenced to above. Maybe you could copy and paste it here? I have been doing some investigation into this company for a little while now, and have read and heard nothing but bad things. This article sounds really interesting and I would love to read the entire thing. thanks

Jane doe S.
Sep 20, 2007

janedoes states / asks:

>> I think a friend of mine works for the company "WeCollectTimeshares" also known as "Timeshare Freedom" If you wouldn't mind, I would really like to read that entire article you referenced to above. Maybe you could copy and paste it here? I have been doing some investigation into this company for a little while now, and have read and heard nothing but bad things. This article sounds really interesting and I would love to read the entire thing. thanks<< ===================================

I'm sorry, but I don't know of an avenue or mechanism by which to "cut and paste" the entire article over into these forums. There might also be some copyright issues as well, even if it was logistically possible. If you can find the issue somewhere on newstands, I believe that it is sold for $4 per copy. Alternatively, upon specific posted request to do so, I could provide you with the address and/or phone number of Timesharing Today so that you could contact them directly and maybe obtain a copy by that means.

And just for the record, I have no affiliation with the magazine other than being a paid subscriber myself ---I'm certainly not trying to market subscriptions here. In point of fact, I generally don't even find it to be a particularly useful or informative publication. This particular article was / is a noteworthy exception.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 20, 2007 06:10 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.