Timeshare Exchanges

Question about NO MAINTENANCE FEE Palace resorts in Mexico

Oct 10, 2007

Hey all, new to the boards. Wanted to see if i can get some help on a timeshare that we are looking at. My wife and i are interested in purchasing a resale timeshare at the all inclusive Palace Resort at Aventura Spa Palace for exchange purpose only. It states that there is no yearly maintenance fee. Does anyone know anything about this at all and how it all works? From all the reading and research i've done on the boards it looks like you don't have to pay any MF as long as you don't visit and just do an exchange. My question is, if we are not planning on ever visiting the resort but have a situation arise where we simply cannot exchange, do we then owe any fees or maintenance fees to the resort? Do we just lose the week? The exchange company would be RCI. Any help on this would be greatful. Thanks.

Guy S.
Oct 11, 2007

At Mayan Palace in Mexico they apparently have a new thing that says if you don't use it you don't pay, however you must still pay an additional amt that equals 1 yrs maint fee every five years for upkeep and every 25 yrs, you must pay an amt equal to 5 of those fees for renewal. But you can't trade it without paying, as you stated above. They however are not All-inclusive. I think the All-inclusive resorts may make all their money on those inclusive fees, which seem very unpopular with those wanting to rent or trade into. Other than that I would definately suggest you watch e-bay timeshare auctions for a couple weeks, as you are bound to see something you may want even more that will trade alot better and have low maint. fees for cheap.

Orville F.
Oct 11, 2007

Thanks for your advice Orville.

Guy S.
Oct 19, 2007

Run, don't walk, from Palace Resorts.

Greg S.

Last edited by gresmi on Oct 19, 2007 07:48 PM

Oct 22, 2007

guys27 wrote:
Hey all, new to the boards. Wanted to see if i can get some help on a timeshare that we are looking at. My wife and i are interested in purchasing a resale timeshare at the all inclusive Palace Resort at Aventura Spa Palace for exchange purpose only. It states that there is no yearly maintenance fee. Does anyone know anything about this at all and how it all works? From all the reading and research i've done on the boards it looks like you don't have to pay any MF as long as you don't visit and just do an exchange. My question is, if we are not planning on ever visiting the resort but have a situation arise where we simply cannot exchange, do we then owe any fees or maintenance fees to the resort? Do we just lose the week? The exchange company would be RCI. Any help on this would be greatful. Thanks.

We own Palace Resorts (Adventura Spa Palace, Moon Palace etc).Because they charge all inclusive fees when you stay, that is what you pay when you go there rather than a maintanence fee. Palace Resorts is different from the Mayan Palace resorts. However, there may be a problem on exchanging so you should actually talk to Palace resorts. RCI accepts it for trading but Palace may have a charge so talk to them directly. We have not traded ours and I seem to recall that it was not cost-free!

M. w. S.
Oct 26, 2007

Thanks wendy!

Guy S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.