Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How I fought and won the TS battle

Jul 15, 2019

Hi Crissy... Would it be possible for me to ask for all the contact info you might have on H10 Premium?...or anyone else for that matter? The reason why I ask...is that I am in a divorce battle and I can't get any answers from them about my account other then the verbal status. I need written status for the courts and every time I call they can't help me nor direct me to someone who could. I feel helpless.

Thank you... Sean

Sean M.
Sep 01, 2019

i had 2 weeks at a resort in Cabo Mexico, I went for a owners update and ended up changing to points. Very sorry about that. I can't sell one or give one to my kids it is not just all one contract. Question is there is no rescission DATE in the contract. is this illegal? it just has rescission period

Helen D.
Sep 01, 2019

helend86 wrote:
Question is there is no rescission DATE in the contract. is this illegal? it just has rescission period

In Mexico, it's five days from when you signed the contract.

Lance C.
Jan 03, 2022

Hello. My husband signed for a “membership” at Palace Elite in Mexico on July 22nd. He sent an email on July 25th stating he was exercising his right to cancel the contract. Palace Elite didn’t reply to the email, so he sent another email cancelling the contract on July 28th and and referenced his email that he sent on July 25th. The resort failed to acknowledge receipt of the email until 6 months later. Now they are claiming that the is not contract cancelled because they gave him day passes to the resort. The day passes were “an award” and it not a part of the membership/timeshare contract. We contacted Profeco, but haven’t heard back yet.

To be clear the day passes are not a part of the membership contract, but the resort is trying to make an argument that the day passes are considered services and won’t acknowledge the cancellation of the contract.

LeeAnn W.

Last edited by leeannw31 on Jan 03, 2022 10:01 PM

Jan 04, 2022

leeannw31 wrote:
Hello. My husband signed for a “membership” at Palace Elite in Mexico on July 22nd. He sent an email on July 25th stating he was exercising his right to cancel the contract. Palace Elite didn’t reply to the email, so he sent another email cancelling the contract on July 28th and and referenced his email that he sent on July 25th. The resort failed to acknowledge receipt of the email until 6 months later. Now they are claiming that the is not contract cancelled because they gave him day passes to the resort. The day passes were “an award” and it not a part of the membership/timeshare contract. We contacted Profeco, but haven’t heard back yet.

To be clear the day passes are not a part of the membership contract, but the resort is trying to make an argument that the day passes are considered services and won’t acknowledge the cancellation of the contract.

Frankly, I would be inclined to think that a much bigger potential issue than day passes might be whether a contract rescission initiated solely by an email message was ever legally sufficient to cancel the contract in the first place.

Unless a “contract cancellation by email message” option was clearly and specifically identified as acceptable in the notice of cancellation rights provided at the time of contract execution, an email message (which, by definition, lacks any actual signature and / or identity verification), might very well have been legally inadequate to rescind the contract. If that was the case, then the "email cancellation" message (as well as the second email sent a few days later) may have just been deliberately and completely ignored if regarded as being legally deficient for contract rescission.

Rescissions generally require that a cancellation be submitted within the law's deadline (5 days, in Mexico), in writing, under signature and mailed or delivered to the location of contract execution (except that in the U.S., rescissions go to a chain's corporate headquarters address instead). It's frankly very difficult for me to imagine that an "email message" is a legally sufficient alternative to the customary specific rescission instructions, but I would be happy to be wrong. I have simply never before heard of any option to rescind a contract "by email message". Just color me very dubious.

I wish you luck, but you might have a real battle on your hands regarding whether a contract rescission was ever properly executed at all in this matter, regardless of the issue (or relevance) of "day passes" having been being provided.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 06, 2022 01:12 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.