Marriott's BeachPlace Towers

Don't be tricked by ads= MBP has no SLEEP 10s

Oct 13, 2007

I often see posts indicating a 2 bed 2 bath unit that has not been locked out is a SLEEP 10.

There are no apartment units in MBP that can sleep 10. The HOA can disallow check in with 10 people in a 2 bed 2 bath...probably even against city codes.

Currently ( for 2008) Interval International has removed the partial kitchen designation on the studio, and will not let exchangers list it as a sleep 4 when searching for an exchange unit.....effectively stating they see the two bed 2 bath lock outs as a sleep 6, not a sleep 8.

The studio does, however, have a queen sofa bed along with a king bed in one large room with no privacy for sleeping between the two sleep units. Every studio also has its own private balcony (Lanai)....and still has the small refridgerator, microwave, coffee/tea pot, sink & dishes & cutlery for four.

Kenneth K.
Oct 13, 2007

kekouri wrote:
I often see posts indicating a 2 bed 2 bath unit that has not been locked out is a SLEEP 10.

There are no apartment units in MBP that can sleep 10. The HOA can disallow check in with 10 people in a 2 bed 2 bath...probably even against city codes.

Currently ( for 2008) Interval International has removed the partial kitchen designation on the studio, and will not let exchangers list it as a sleep 4 when searching for an exchange unit.....effectively stating they see the two bed 2 bath lock outs as a sleep 6, not a sleep 8.

The studio does, however, have a queen sofa bed along with a king bed in one large room with no privacy for sleeping between the two sleep units. Every studio also has its own private balcony (Lanai)....and still has the small refridgerator, microwave, coffee/tea pot, sink & dishes & cutlery for four.

Hi,

It appears that the only thing we currently show as sleeping 10 is a provisional week. In order to actually be deposited the information would need to be verified first which most likely would change the number of people that it sleeps.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Marty

Marty F
Oct 16, 2007

Marty....if you need the e mail of an HOA member, I'll send \ Ken

Kenneth K.
Oct 16, 2007

kekouri wrote:
Marty....if you need the e mail of an HOA member, I'll send \ Ken

Thank you, Ken, but I don't think it's necessary. The only thing showing is the provisional and I can't remove or edit it. The provisional will drop off the list on it's own when the availability dates have passed on Jan 27, 2008 - Feb 03, 2008.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
Oct 20, 2007

The HOA is meeting on Nov 13, 2007 and MAY pass a ruling that the studio portion of the lock out ( the smaller part) will be a sleep 3, not the current sleep 4.)

Marty, you need to keep this in mind if you accept the lock off for the RW exchange program. Also, posted is the beginning of floor clousures due to the renovations of the units....probably in late May 08 through ( I will post end date later-if I can find it... but just beware that some units and floors will be closed during the summer of 08.

Kenneth K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.