Oct 20, 2007

How is the island view at this resort? I purchased one and will be staying there next year. Should I request one building over another? Thanks!

Kevin F.
Dec 03, 2007

The views as sold in order of higher to lower original selling prices for the Phase I and Phase II conversions in the Molokai and Lanai Towers (respectively) are:

Ocean Front Ocean View Garden/Mountain View

Views of the island of Lanai are visible from all the Ocean Front units and many of the Ocean View units but not likely from the Garden/Mountain View ones. If you purchased in the newest building, the Lahaina Villas, some units are fixed (assigned), others are floating week but I don't know if the location is fixed.

Choices that might be more relevent than a particular building are high/low floor, Pool or Not Pool side. Hope this helps.

Judy M.

Last edited by judym118 on Dec 03, 2007 06:44 PM

Dec 04, 2007

From your question, I assume you purchased a unit in the original building (Molokai/Lanai/Maui wings) and not the new Lahaina/Napili towers.

Be careful with the terminology, because there is a difference between ISLAND VIEW and GARDEN/MOUNTAIN VIEW.

In the original building, the view categories are:

Ocean Front Ocean View Garden/Mountain View Island View

The island view units are located exclusively in the Maui wing. They are low floor units (2nd or 3rd floors) and they face the roadway on the back side of the resort. These are the least expensive units and they are all 1-bedroom. None of these units face the pool, and they are all in the same general area. So requesting a specific unit or location probably won't make any difference in the kind of experience you have. Some folks complain about traffic noise in the island view units. All things considered, I think they are not bad for the money.

Hope that helps.

Gregory B.

Last edited by gblotter on Dec 04, 2007 04:31 PM

Aug 11, 2009

Aside from the island view, what is the difference between Oceanview & Oceanfront?

Ted S.
Aug 11, 2009

Oceanfront is directly facing the beach/ocean. The Oceanfront units are only about 20 yards from the ocean (very close).

Most Oceanview units look out over the pool with the beach/ocean beyond that. Setting cost aside, I actually like the Oceanview units best. The main central pool is very nice to look at, and you can still see the ocean.

Gregory B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.