Timeshare Exchanges

Who assigns the point values to the exchange weeks?

Oct 28, 2007

Who decides what each exchange week is worth on RedWeek? I decided to get a "free estimate" on my brand-new (just finished this year) 2-bedroom unit at Playa Grande, on the exclusive Ridge, during Thanksgiving 2008 and I was only offered 1,997 points for it. Really? You gave someone with a Studio at Marina Fiesta during the hottest time of the year in Cabo (July 28-Aug 4) a whopping 1,017 points! So, basically I couldn't even get two weeks in a studio at Marina Fiesta in the middle of summer for my 5-star, 2-bedroom unit during a major holiday. What's up with that?

It may cost me a little more to use RCI, but the exchange value of my unit is worth far more in RCI than here on RedWeek. You really need to adjust your point system if you want people to take it seriously and use it. No doubt this is the reason for the high ratio of provisional units to those who've actually accepted points for their unit.

Donna W.
Oct 29, 2007

donnaw85 wrote:
Who decides what each exchange week is worth on RedWeek? I decided to get a "free estimate" on my brand-new (just finished this year) 2-bedroom unit at Playa Grande, on the exclusive Ridge, during Thanksgiving 2008 and I was only offered 1,997 points for it. Really? You gave someone with a Studio at Marina Fiesta during the hottest time of the year in Cabo (July 28-Aug 4) a whopping 1,017 points! So, basically I couldn't even get two weeks in a studio at Marina Fiesta in the middle of summer for my 5-star, 2-bedroom unit during a major holiday. What's up with that?

It may cost me a little more to use RCI, but the exchange value of my unit is worth far more in RCI than here on RedWeek. You really need to adjust your point system if you want people to take it seriously and use it. No doubt this is the reason for the high ratio of provisional units to those who've actually accepted points for their unit.

We can't get into the specifics of how the valuations are calculated. Check-in date does have a lot to do with most valuations, but some resorts were over or under-valued to begin with... and have been adjusted.

I am sorry that you feel your week was under-valued. We have been tweaking our valuation process, and your feedback is helpful.

Since we appreciate you trusting us to become an early depositor, although this is not our standard policy, if you submit another valuation request for the same week and receive a substantially different valuation, I would be happy to adjust the points value for your deposit accordingly.

Please just let me know what you receive back.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
Oct 29, 2007

Marty,

Do you have a private email address where I can respond? I don't wish to post my response here.

Thanks, Donna

Donna W.
Oct 29, 2007

donnaw85 wrote:
Marty,

Do you have a private email address where I can respond? I don't wish to post my response here.

Thanks, Donna

Sure, Donna. Please send an email to support@redweek.com and put attention Marty.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.