Dec 26, 2007

I am real new at all this trading stuff. I have a week in Saint Maarten(week)42) That I would like to sell or trade into another week either in North Carolina or Cape Cod. Does trhis seem doable? What does provisional mean?

Many Thanx

David S.
Dec 26, 2007

davids664 wrote:
I am real new at all this trading stuff. I have a week in Saint Maarten(week)42) That I would like to sell or trade into another week either in North Carolina or Cape Cod. Does trhis seem doable? What does provisional mean?

Many Thanx

==================================================

On RedWeek, where exchanging is a relatively new feature (only months old now), a "provisional" week means that someone has (or, more accurately stated, claims to have) a week available at the particular resort identified, BUT that person is unwilling to actually deposit that week to become "released" as available to someone else --- until or unless the person "holding" the "provisional" week FIRST sees something they want to trade into. It's a sort of "Mexican standoff" practice of dubious value, and one which makes it very difficult to make any actual travel plans. Personally, it would not break my heart to see the "provisional" weeks option disappear altogether. Either a week is available or it isn't --- "maybe available someday" doesn't really help anyone.

I hope that the new RedWeek exchange system succeeds, but there are also certainly numerous other exchange avenues available to you besides "provisional" RedWeek "maybe possibly available someday" listings...

P.S. Your post should probably have been placed in the more subject-specific forum of "Timeshare Exchanges", instead of in the "General Discussion" forum (where it may get completely overlooked, particularly when the title of your post "newbie" makes no actual reference to "exchanging" which might better catch someone's eye.). Just a thought...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 26, 2007 12:34 PM

Jan 02, 2008

davids664 wrote:

Many Thanx

============== Unless you are trying to exchange into Cape Cod during the non-summer months, you would probably have a better chance of trading into North Carolina. Summers in New England are very popular. Good Luck

Mike N.
Jan 02, 2008

Week 42 is in the height of fall leaf changing season in the North Carolina mountains and is a very popular time for tourists. It could be possible if you exchanged early. However, if you're not wanting week 42 specifically, I don't see that there would be any problem exchanging into North Carolina other than possibly the ocean resorts in summer.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.