Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Contacting sellers and turn around times

Dec 28, 2007

If you respond to someones ad. how long is a fair amount of time to wait for their response, before searching for other accomodations? I'm new to the site and I don't think it would be good form to respond to multiple ads at once.

mario

Mario G.

Last edited by mariog21 on Dec 28, 2007 12:22 PM

Dec 28, 2007

mariog21 wrote:
If you respond to someones ad. how long is a fair amount of time to wait for their response, before searching for other accomodations? I'm new to the site and I don't think it would be good form to respond to multiple ads at once. mario

You owe this owner nothing at this point. Send to all owners that have the unit you might want and deal with them as they contact you.

This is also how you get your price and not stuck on one owner and their price.

Its business not a friendship so deal with as many people as you can to get good price.

Many owners drag their feet thinking their the only game in town. These are the same owners crying of no buyers later.

Just worry about your family and do what is right for you.

It sounds like you are lucky enough to have found a few units of interest to you and this is a good thing.

You may have bought your new timeshare before you ever hear from the first owner you tried to contact.

GOOD LUCK! PHIL

Phil L.
Dec 28, 2007

mariog21 asks: >> If you respond to someones ad. how long is a fair amount of time to wait for their response, before searching for other accomodations? I'm new to the site and I don't think it would be good form to respond to multiple ads at once.<< ==============================================

Well, it's the holiday season, with school vacations, family travel, etc. People may be on the road and/or just not bothering with their computers. I'd let the New Year frenzy pass before expecting much in the way of replies -- and a week beyond that, even.

While your sense of courtesy and consideration for others is commendable, I personally see nothing wrong with responding to multiple ads. If folks posted an ad in the first place, then they expect to (or should expect to) respond to inquiries. I'd feel free to "ask away" of any every ad of interest to you, since some won't ever pan out anyhow, for one reason or another. Good luck.

KC
Dec 28, 2007

Thanks guys,

mario

Mario G.
Dec 29, 2007

mariog21 wrote:
If you respond to someones ad. how long is a fair amount of time to wait for their response, before searching for other accomodations? I'm new to the site and I don't think it would be good form to respond to multiple ads at once.

mario

Hi Mario,

We recommend giving the owners a week to respond. If you don't hear back after a week please let us know at support@redweek.com and we can try to contact the owner/owners too. Also, be sure to check that any replies aren't going into your email spam folder. That's a major reason why replies are lost. If you feel comfortable, you might include your phone number in your inquiries so that the owners can call rather then relying on emails. As suggested by others, please feel free to send out as many inquiries as you would like.

Best of luck!

Marty RedWeek.com

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.