Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

trying to rent a time share

Dec 28, 2007

hi wondering if any of you can help me. we bought a two bed apartment at grand view las vegas this year and are going to go out there and use half of it seeing as there is interconnecting doors so that it can be separted into 2 one bed apts. we have it advertised since november and have not had any enquirys and are a bit concernedabout it.this is our first timeshare and im worried that we made a big mistake. also do any of you know do we have to contact them and tell them we are going to come out there and use our week or do we arrive and there wont be a problem checking in. thanks and hope one of you can help

Deirdre L.
Dec 28, 2007

deirdrel6 wrote:
hi wondering if any of you can help me. we bought a two bed apartment at grand view las vegas this year and are going to go out there and use half of it seeing as there is interconnecting doors so that it can be separted into 2 one bed apts. we have it advertised since november and have not had any enquirys and are a bit concernedabout it.this is our first timeshare and im worried that we made a big mistake. also do any of you know do we have to contact them and tell them we are going to come out there and use our week or do we arrive and there wont be a problem checking in. thanks and hope one of you can help
================= I noticed that The Grandview is an RCI Points resort. If you purchased this unit as part of the RCI points program, you have to request a reservation at your home resort 11-13 months prior to your check-in date. If you bought a deeded week from a private party, you still may have to call the resort to let them know you are using the unit. In any event you should call the resort immediately and see if they have a confirmed reservation your name. Since rental and exchange rules differ, it is important to know if you are an RCI Points member or if you just own a week at the Grandview without any association with the RCI Points program.

Regarding renting… Unfortunately there are hundreds of timeshares and hotel rooms available for rent in the Las Vegas area; you have a lot of competition. Have you advertised on other websites such as vacationtimesharerentals.com?

You may want to consider lowering your price. I did a search of some of the travel websites (Travelocity, WorldRes, etc) and found rates for a 1 BR apartment during the last week of February to be less than $800/week.

You can also try putting your unit up for auction on bidshares.com. While you might not get your asking price you might be able to get enough to cover some of your maintenance fee.

In the future try listing your unit at least 6-8 months in advance of your travel date. This way if you do not get any interest, you still have time to deposit the unit with RedWeek or another exchange company. However, if you are a member of RCI Points you cannot exchange with RedWeek. Mike

Mike N.
Dec 29, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
deirdrel6 wrote:
================= I noticed that The Grandview is an RCI Points resort. If you purchased this unit as part of the RCI points program, you have to request a reservation at your home resort 11-13 months prior to your check-in date. If you bought a deeded week from a private party, you still may have to call the resort to let them know you are using the unit. In any event you should call the resort immediately and see if they have a confirmed reservation your name. Since rental and exchange rules differ, it is important to know if you are an RCI Points member or if you just own a week at the Grandview without any association with the RCI Points program.

Regarding renting… Unfortunately there are hundreds of timeshares and hotel rooms available for rent in the Las Vegas area; you have a lot of competition. Have you advertised on other websites such as vacationtimesharerentals.com?

You may want to consider lowering your price. I did a search of some of the travel websites (Travelocity, WorldRes, etc) and found rates for a 1 BR apartment during the last week of February to be less than $800/week.

You can also try putting your unit up for auction on bidshares.com. While you might not get your asking price you might be able to get enough to cover some of your maintenance fee.

In the future try listing your unit at least 6-8 months in advance of your travel date. This way if you do not get any interest, you still have time to deposit the unit with RedWeek or another exchange company. However, if you are a member of RCI Points you cannot exchange with RedWeek. Mike

hi mike thanks for the information. we bought the timeshare out in las vegas in september so we really need to go out there and try and find out every thing about the place. have you stayed there.

Deirdre L.
Dec 29, 2007

deirdrel6 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
deirdrel6 wrote:

hi mike thanks for the information. we bought the timeshare out in las vegas in september so we really need to go out there and try and find out every thing about the place. have you stayed there.
=========== Sorry, I've never been there. Good Luck and have fun in Vegas

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.