Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Activities in South Lake Tahoe

Dec 30, 2007

I am trying to get reservations at the Marriott Timber Lodge or Grand Residence in South Lake Tahoe for the week of October 18-25, 2008 but that month "seems" to be completely booked up. Is there a convention or something going on at that time?

Deb D.
Dec 31, 2007

debd34 wrote:
I am trying to get reservations at the Marriott Timber Lodge or Grand Residence in South Lake Tahoe for the week of October 18-25, 2008 but that month "seems" to be completely booked up. Is there a convention or something going on at that time?

Hi Deb,

You might subscribe to email alerts letting you know of new postings for both of these resorts so in case someone adds a week that will work for you here on RedWeek.com you will be notified right away. Another suggestion would be to post a RedWish here on RedWeek.com asking for what you are looking for.

Best of luck!

Marty

Marty F
Dec 31, 2007

I've already done both of those, Marty! Thanks! But I'm still waiting.....in the meantime, what big activity is happening in South Lake Tahoe in October 2008, if anything?

Deb D.
Jan 01, 2008

debd34 wrote:
I've already done both of those, Marty! Thanks! But I'm still waiting.....in the meantime, what big activity is happening in South Lake Tahoe in October 2008, if anything?

All I can think of is maybe an Oktoberfest celebration?? I hope you are able to get hooked up with a the week and resort that you need, Deb.

Marty

Marty F
Jan 01, 2008

debd34 wrote:

Deb try Tripavisor, we use that site even more than Tug or Redweek for vacationing information and have for years. Also great site for information and opinions on hotels,air, rentel car companies and places to eat and sight seeing idea's.

Go on that site and go to the Lake Tahoe Forum and you can find anything you want to know in that area.

We own in Tahoe at the Ridge but we go July 4th week most years so not sure what the hold up is for Oct. We went to the resort for four bonus days this last Oct and it seem dead in Tahoe so maybe your just getting bad information!

If there is a convention it would probably only keep you from staying there but there are many great resorts to stay at in Lake Tahoe.

I know that in Oct there seems to be many honeymoons going on. There is chance for some snow but not enough to ski most years.

I checked out Oct and most things going on are local and not things to bring vacationers into town.

This last Oct we did drive around the lake and it was cold and heavy rain. We had lunch at Gars in North Shore where there was only five people eating and most times of year its almost full for lunch.

We still went around the lake and there was alot of traffic with people taking pictures and sight seeing because the gates were going to be closed for the winter in a couple weeks or with bad weather.

It seems you just picked a resort that has something going on that week!

Remember that many owners have not picked their week for 2008 yet! When you get closer to your date there will be owners trying to rent.

Couple months ago on the Tug last minute there was a two bedroom for the resort and the owner only took $600. This works great if you can wait and hope for a deal.

PHIL

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jan 05, 2008 03:32 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.