Point Systems

Renting Home Week at RCI Points Resort

Jan 10, 2008

FYI. Here is an email exchange with RCI regarding renting out my home unit if I own at an RCI Points resort.

MY QUESTION to RCI... "I reserve a unit in my "Home Resort", 11-12 months prior to check-in, is this still considered an exchange or am I allowed to rent the unit to a third party. I know it is against RCI's policy to rent out a unit obtained by an exchange, but this would be booking into my home resort." ----------- RCI's RESPONSE... "As long as you reserve your home week (if you own fixed weeks) or the unit type and season that matches your floating ownership and confirm during the home week or home resort period, you may use or rent out that week. If you reserve a unit which does not match your ownership, or reserve after the home week/home resort priority reservation period, you may not rent out the unit." ------------

Marty, based on this response, does this mean that RedWeek can and will accept my unit for an exchange if I follow those RCI guidelines?

Mike N.
Jan 19, 2008

You are able to rent week to a 3rd party if you book them at a Fairfield (Wyndam) resort and give them a gift certificate ($59 additional) for the reservation. However, if you banked the week with RCI and book at a resort, then issue a guest certificate, you are not allowed to do so per RCI's rules. When I called RCI they said that I could charge the person only what the trade and guest cert. cost me. I could not charge for profit.

Lanita P.
Jan 21, 2008

lanitap wrote:
You are able to rent week to a 3rd party if you book them at a Fairfield (Wyndam) resort and give them a gift certificate ($59 additional) for the reservation. However, if you banked the week with RCI and book at a resort, then issue a guest certificate, you are not allowed to do so per RCI's rules. When I called RCI they said that I could charge the person only what the trade and guest cert. cost me. I could not charge for profit.
============ You are correct...you need to book at your resort to be able to rent it. Once you deposit it with RCI or Interval International you cannot rent it out. However, I've been told my RedWeek staff that you CAN rent out a unit obtained through a RedWeek exchange.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jan 21, 2008 05:28 AM

Jan 21, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
However, I've been told my RedWeek staff that you CAN rent out a unit obtained through a RedWeek exchange.

Exactly, Redweek does not prohibit the rental of Redweek exchanges such as RCI, II and most of the independent exchange companies do.

R P.
Jan 22, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
FYI. Here is an email exchange with RCI regarding renting out my home unit if I own at an RCI Points resort.

MY QUESTION to RCI... "I reserve a unit in my "Home Resort", 11-12 months prior to check-in, is this still considered an exchange or am I allowed to rent the unit to a third party. I know it is against RCI's policy to rent out a unit obtained by an exchange, but this would be booking into my home resort." ----------- RCI's RESPONSE... "As long as you reserve your home week (if you own fixed weeks) or the unit type and season that matches your floating ownership and confirm during the home week or home resort period, you may use or rent out that week. If you reserve a unit which does not match your ownership, or reserve after the home week/home resort priority reservation period, you may not rent out the unit." ------------

Marty, based on this response, does this mean that RedWeek can and will accept my unit for an exchange if I follow those RCI guidelines?

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay. If the reservation was made with RCI points, we aren't able to process it. It still requires RCI to make the transfer, and they will not work with us.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jan 22, 2008

marty8084 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay. If the reservation was made with RCI points, we aren't able to process it. It still requires RCI to make the transfer, and they will not work with us.

Thanks, Marty

========= Thanks Marty

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.