Point Systems

Marriott Points

Jan 13, 2008

Are you able to buy Marriott points from individuals and have them put into your account?

Jay B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 14, 2008 02:15 AM

Jan 21, 2008

No, you are not....Marriott points are non-transferable (I assume you are referring to the rewards points?). They are issued from the developer, and cannot be transferred, even with the sale of a timeshare. It is similar to the rewards points issued from a credit card--Cannot be "purchased" or transferred. Hope this helps!

Ilona R.
Jan 21, 2008

In the past, they have sometimes been allowed to past to a spouse upon the owners death.

As mentioned, the points are travel reward points....like CCs give, or American Airlines, Delta, other hotel groups.... (But some hotel groups have two different types of points, some related to T/S ownership aside from the travel rewards.

Kenneth K.
Jan 21, 2008

BTW....last spring Marriott had a super sale on the points...one penny each. But they had to be bought via Marriott

Kenneth K.
Jun 26, 2008

Do points in my Marriott Rewards account go to my spouse if I pass on? We hold the timeshare in our Trust. Does that matter?

Vicki S.
Jun 27, 2008

vickis119 wrote:
Do points in my Marriott Rewards account go to my spouse if I pass on? We hold the timeshare in our Trust. Does that matter?
==============================================

Not enough information to provide an informed reply, since the nature and details of your particular trust is entirely unknown to anyone here who might see your posted inquiry. That caveat very clearly stated right up front, if Marriott records reflect and acknowledge the trust as being the current owner, then your answer likely lies in the language and specificity with which your trustees are identified within the trust documents.

With all due respect, an Internet discussion forum is not really the best place to get a legal opinion, particularly one in which any and every potential respondent knows absolutely nothing about your underlying trust documents language, content, named trustees, or successors.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 27, 2008 03:04 AM

Jul 09, 2008

vickis119 wrote:

You should bear in mind that the Marriott Rewards program is totally unrelated to the Marriott Vacation Club (timeshares) and how your timeshare is titled is not a factor in determinining whether your Marriott Reward point total passes to your spouse at death. Both are under the Marriott umbrella and share the Marriott name but are separate and distinct entities.

You should direct your question to the Marriott Rewards program and specifically ask whether your points are transferable at death. If so, you should determine what must be done by you prior to death to ensure this transfer is accomplished at the time of your death. The question is not "if I pass on" but "when I pass on". Unfortunately for us all, there is no "if" related to our mortality.

Carvan A.
Nov 02, 2008

Read up on the latest at http://sites.google.com/site/makemarriottlisten/

Make Marriott L.
Dec 27, 2009

jayb57 wrote:
Are you able to buy Marriott points from individuals and have them put into your account?
Yes you can. We just bought 35,000 from a coworker. Do you have any for sale?

Mary K.
Dec 29, 2009

maryk404 wrote:
jayb57 wrote:
Yes you can. We just bought 35,000 from a coworker. Do you have any for sale?

Your "purchase from a co-worker" certainly does NOT necessarily mean that Marriott itself is ever going to acknowledge (or allow) the transfer of Marriott reward points into YOUR account.

I frankly don't know much about the Marriott system, but I would nonetheless point out that many Marriott posters on numerous timeshare sites (including a few posts above, right here in this RedWeek forum) have consistently stated that Marriott Reward points quite simply are NOT transferable from one account into another, except MAYBE within a "surviving spouse" situation.

With due respect, only AFTER you see those Marriott Reward points in YOUR account, as acknowledged and reported in writing to you BY MARRIOTT, would you really be in a position to say "Yes you can". Meanwhile, many others are consistently saying "No you can't"...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 29, 2009 05:38 AM

Jul 19, 2010

Points fir a pemmy? When are they doing this again?

Pattie G.
Sep 04, 2010

<a href="http://www.plrprivatelabelrights.com/plr-article" rel="dofollow">resale rights</a>

Breet F.
Feb 03, 2011

In an email today from Marriott Ocean Club AND Ko Olina wher we own a total of three two bedroom weeks, we have been informed that we will no longer be guaranteed a lock off for our second week. We are guaranteed a reservation for our first week - either the master suite or lock off unit, but a consecutive week when requested will be guaranteed based on availability. We went to an owner's meeting yesterday here at Ocean Club, but did not have this information so the question didn't come up. Today, we went to guest services to ask how this would work; guest services - the people who assign rooms were as surprised as we were, but read the language just as we had. Whoa! We were told at the meeting that because 70percent of MOC owners return and want January, Feb, March or June, July, Aug that we should call early.

Susan W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.