Hacienda del Mar Resort

Hotel Feedback

Jan 22, 2008

I have stayed at the HDM many times over the past 6 years or so. I have been on many of there presentations and filled out many "Rate Us Please" hotel stay questionaires. The day to day staff at the Resort is wonderful but the Senior Management that is in longterm control of the facility seems to ignore most if not all of the suggestions / comments / complaints that are offered by the guests / owners. I know because after weeks and weeks of sitting by the pool talking to other guests and reading Trip Advisor Forums / Red Week Forums and other Forums, it is obvious the comments have been heard, just not acted upon. $18 a day internet charges? Ridiculous! Our intenet at home is $9 a month! The Sheraton has FREE WIRELESS INTERNET on their side of the Hotel!!!!!!!? The HDM Restaraunts are all extremely overpriced, as are their bar drinks and the pool bar menu. Their menu prices are higher than the nicest Resorts on Maui. Tomatoes staff is terrible, so is the food. De Cortez is our favorite, except it's extremely expensive. We ate dinner there one night and the only other people there was a famous ESPN broadcaster and his friends. I guess he could afford it. We love the Resort, we don't like being held hostage to their inflated menu prices. Has anyone else complained about the restaraunts / drink prices / high menu prices? It is cheaper to take a $10 shuttle into town (per person) and eat really good food there, with better drinks, than it is to eat at the Resort. What a shame because it would be nicer to eat on site and walk back to the room. But I guess this way you get to see more of Cabo's night life.

Jacob H.
Apr 14, 2008

jacobj3 wrote:
I have stayed at the HDM many times over the past 6 years or so. I have been on many of there presentations and filled out many "Rate Us Please" hotel stay questionaires. The day to day staff at the Resort is wonderful but the Senior Management that is in longterm control of the facility seems to ignore most if not all of the suggestions / comments / complaints that are offered by the guests / owners. I know because after weeks and weeks of sitting by the pool talking to other guests and reading Trip Advisor Forums / Red Week Forums and other Forums, it is obvious the comments have been heard, just not acted upon. $18 a day internet charges? Ridiculous! Our intenet at home is $9 a month! The Sheraton has FREE WIRELESS INTERNET on their side of the Hotel!!!!!!!? The HDM Restaraunts are all extremely overpriced, as are their bar drinks and the pool bar menu. Their menu prices are higher than the nicest Resorts on Maui. Tomatoes staff is terrible, so is the food. De Cortez is our favorite, except it's extremely expensive. We ate dinner there one night and the only other people there was a famous ESPN broadcaster and his friends. I guess he could afford it. We love the Resort, we don't like being held hostage to their inflated menu prices. Has anyone else complained about the restaraunts / drink prices / high menu prices? It is cheaper to take a $10 shuttle into town (per person) and eat really good food there, with better drinks, than it is to eat at the Resort. What a shame because it would be nicer to eat on site and walk back to the room. But I guess this way you get to see more of Cabo's night life.

I am considering renting at HDM in Dec 2008, do you recommend this resort or would you have another "timeshare" resort I should consider. Going with children high school & college age. Can you help?

Kathleen D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.