General Discussion

Buying a Timeshare

Jan 27, 2008

I need info on Solmar suites in Cabo... Is this a good resort to visit and have fun? We have a chance to purchase a jr. suite oceanfront (unit #1302) for $1000 excluding closing costs. The MF's are $450 per year. Is this a good deal? The deal breaker is that it is a fixed week (21) during the memorial day weekend. I was told that floating weeks are better. Please help me decide. Thanks, Guy.

Guy C.
Jan 28, 2008

guye5 wrote:
I need info on Solmar suites in Cabo... Is this a good resort to visit and have fun? We have a chance to purchase a jr. suite oceanfront (unit #1302) for $1000 excluding closing costs. The MF's are $450 per year. Is this a good deal? The deal breaker is that it is a fixed week (21) during the memorial day weekend. I was told that floating weeks are better. Please help me decide. Thanks, Guy.

From the RCI catalog, Sol Mar is a gold crown resort facing the beach/ocean, however it looks like it would be a good walk to the water (lots of sand between ocean and resort). The MF's seem reasonable if that's the correct amount per year for the studio (be sure and perform due diligence to verify that all info provided by the seller is correct). Also, make sure it's not a mandatory all-inclusive resort (expensive extra weekly fees apply) unless you prefer all-inclusive resorts.

I don't know anything about Cabo San Lucas, but I would do some comparison shopping on the internet to see what other studios are listed/sold for at that resort and go from there.

You also might inquire if you can rent the unit this year before you buy. That way you would know for certain what you're getting should you decide to buy.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jan 28, 2008 07:37 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.