General Discussion

Yeeeeehawwww NY Giants and the big upset against undefeated Patriots in Superbowl ....

Feb 03, 2008

The Manning brothers two years in a row have won the Superbowl .... Peyton last year and Eli this year.... both sons of Ole Miss superstar dad Archie Manning.... unbelievable. Yeeeehawwww!

R P.
Feb 04, 2008

jayjay wrote:
The Manning brothers two years in a row have won the Superbowl .... Peyton last year and Eli this year.... both sons of Ole Miss superstar dad Archie Manning.... unbelievable. Yeeeehawwww!
=============== jayjay, I noticed the timestamp of your post is 7:15 pm PST. Did you have this all typed up and ready to send.

Congrats to the Giants. While Manning was the MVP, it should went collectively to the defense. Their defensive schemes kept Brady on his toes and prevented him from completing even his shorter routes. It was one better games in recent history. I've always enjoyed low scoring games. It seems to make every point and/or miscue count.

Mike N.
Feb 04, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
Congrats to the Giants. While Manning was the MVP, it should went collectively to the defense. Their defensive schemes kept Brady on his toes and prevented him from completing even his shorter routes. It was one better games in recent history. I've always enjoyed low scoring games. It seems to make every point and/or miscue count.

Although I'm certainly disappointed to not see NFL history made by the Patriots, I tip my hat to the NY Giants. They earned and they deserved the Super Bowl win.

I would like to have seen Junior Seau win a SuperBowl ring, knowing that he came out of retirement two years ago in order to have one last chance to do so with the Patriots, and knowing that he will now likely retire for good without ever having achieved that goal. But so it goes...

In any case, congratulations to the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 04, 2008 09:49 AM

Feb 04, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
jayjay, I noticed the timestamp of your post is 7:15 pm PST. Did you have this all typed up and ready to send.

Redweek's clock is off ... I've noticed that before and no I didn't have my post pretyped as the game was too close to call until the very end :o).

I wholeheartedly agree that the Giant's defense and offense was critical to their win, but for some reason the quarterback always gets the kudos and the MVP awards.

In the playoffs, the Patriots barely won against the Giants with a field goal in the last minutes of the game, so it really was a closer matched game than many thought.

This game will go down in NFL football history for two reasons 1. brother quarterbacks have one the SuperBowl two years in a row .... Peyton last year with the Indianapolis Colts and Eli this year 2. The Patriots were the heavy odds on favorite with 18 wins and 0 losses this season. I wonder how much money was lost and won over this game in Vegas and other betting venues?

R P.
Feb 04, 2008

As A patriots fan i can tell you only idiots who never watched the giants in the playoffs would have bet on the Pats. As i said i am a pats fan but put my money on the G-Men. to cover, still wished for the perfect season just to shut up the Grand pa's from miami, I would have rooted for the giants if they where 18-0 even going up against the PAts.. Congrat's to the G-Men perticulary Michael Straham my he retire in peace..

Steve D.
Feb 05, 2008

And what about that awful halftime show with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers .... it almost put me to sleep as two of the songs were downright depressing ... not something I would expect for a Super Bowl performance. Tom Petty and the HBs are a has been in every sense of the word. I would think most people would prefer perfomances that's more upbeat and less melancholy. The Super Bowl can choose any artist they want, so why do they continue to choose has beens such as Prince last year?

R P.
Feb 05, 2008

jayjay wrote:
And what about that awful halftime show with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers .... it almost put me to sleep as two of the songs were downright depressing ... not something I would expect for a Super Bowl performance. Tom Petty and the HBs are a has been in every sense of the word. I would think most people would prefer perfomances that's more upbeat and less melancholy. The Super Bowl can choose any artist they want, so why do they continue to choose has beens such as Prince last year?
======== two words...Janet Jackson

Mike N.
Feb 05, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
======== two words...Janet Jackson

To be fair to the show because of the rain they closed the roof.

This cause the show to cut back with all the fireworks that would have helped the excitement.

Because of this the show became a older group just being on stage singing!

Lets face it that there isn't that much out there right now that all age groups likes so they try and bring back the past groups that seem to fit most ages.

Phil L.
Feb 05, 2008

phill12 wrote:

This cause the show to cut back with all the fireworks that would have helped the excitement.

Lets face it that there isn't that much out there right now that all age groups likes so they try and bring back the past groups that seem to fit most ages.

Could be, but I didn't even know any songs by Tom Petty/BKers until they sang 'I'm Free'. That's the only song I was familiar with. There are lots of more familiar/popular groups from back then that could have put on a better performance. Actually Tom Petty sounded off key to me when he sang.

I was very disappointed and was expecting much more from a Super Bowl performance.

R P.
Feb 05, 2008

jayjay wrote:
phill12 wrote:

Could be, but I didn't even know any songs by Tom Petty/BKers until they sang 'I'm Free'. That's the only song I was familiar with. There are lots of more familiar/popular groups from back then that could have put on a better performance. Actually Tom Petty sounded off key to me when he sang.

I was very disappointed and was expecting much more from a Super Bowl performance.

I don't know what the roof is made of but to not be able to do fireworks inside a little scary if the roof would catch fire.

Lets face it all these people we knew are getting older and not singing very well.

My wife and I took daughter to Garth Brooks concert in Sacramento Ca years ago and it was great. His TV special couple weeks ago was so bad because he was over weight and couldn't carry a tune.

I thought it was just me so I taped it for my wife and she said he was terrible and couldn't care a tune anylonger.

Guess we all are getting old!

Phil L.
Feb 05, 2008

phill12 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
phill12 wrote:

I don't know what the roof is made of but to not be able to do fireworks inside a little scary if the roof would catch fire.

Lets face it all these people we knew are getting older and not singing very well.

My wife and I took daughter to Garth Brooks concert in Sacramento Ca years ago and it was great. His TV special couple weeks ago was so bad because he was over weight and couldn't carry a tune.

I thought it was just me so I taped it for my wife and she said he was terrible and couldn't care a tune anylonger.

Guess we all are getting old!

=========== We'll all soon be looking for resorts with bingo and line dancing.

Mike N.
Feb 05, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
We'll all soon be looking for resorts with bingo and line dancing.

LOLOLOLOL, too funny.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.