Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

trying to sell my timeshare

Feb 06, 2008

I am trying to sell my timeshare and hope someone can answer some questions I have? DO I need to contact the resort to find out what the resort transfer fee is? I've always gone thru RCI, How do I find out if I can use someone else besides RCI? I am currently booked for an rci vacation in May of this year using my last year's points. My 2008 points start in June of this year, if I sell before I go on vacation, can I still go on vacation or do I lose it because I've sold. And does my buyer get the total points for 2008 that start in June? I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks. Marcia

Marcia J.
Feb 06, 2008

You can use redweek, dial an exchange, San Francisco exchange ( if they like your week) trading Places International, Plat. Interexchange and a few other independent exchange companies.

Non can take a week you recieved as an exchange.....you can only give them your week or points you own

Kenneth K.
Feb 07, 2008

marcia390 wrote:
I am trying to sell my timeshare and hope someone can answer some questions I have? DO I need to contact the resort to find out what the resort transfer fee is? I've always gone thru RCI, How do I find out if I can use someone else besides RCI? I am currently booked for an rci vacation in May of this year using my last year's points. My 2008 points start in June of this year, if I sell before I go on vacation, can I still go on vacation or do I lose it because I've sold. And does my buyer get the total points for 2008 that start in June? I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks. Marcia

Yes, you can still go on your RCI May vacation from points you used last year even if you sell your timehare now. However, in your ad you must state that the 2008 points do not start until June, which I see as no big deal since June is only a few months away.

Yes, you need to contact the resort to find out what the transfer fee is (if any) in order to state that info in your ad.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 07, 2008 05:53 AM

Feb 08, 2008

what are you trying to sell?

Jason B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.