Timeshare Exchanges

Question about setting up an exchange listing

Feb 18, 2008

I'm new to Redweek and need some help on setting up an exchange. Do we reserve the week with our resort before posting it for an exchange? We own at Westgate Towne Center in Florida.

Lynn B.
Feb 18, 2008

lynnb150 wrote:
I'm new to Redweek and need some help on setting up an exchange. Do we reserve the week with our resort before posting it for an exchange? We own at Westgate Towne Center in Florida.
================ I assume you are referring to the RedWeek exchange program as opposed to a private exchange.

If you have a floating week, you don’t need to have the week reserved at your resort to submit it for a valuation. However, if you decide to deposit the week, you must reserve the week first. So be sure that weeks that you submit for valuation are available. First, before you deposit, submit your unit for a valuation. You will receive a point value for your unit and the offer will be good for one week. During that time call your resort and reserve the week which you submitted for valuation. Then go complete your deposit. A word of warning…do this within the 7-day window after you received your valuation. If this expires, you will have to resubmit your unit and most likely the point value will be reduced (sometimes by 20%-25%). If you already have an exchange in mind, you can complete the exchange at the same time. If you don’t do an exchange at the time of deposit, you will have three years in which to use your points (future deposits with increase the number of points in your account).

Also if you do not have a specific week booked, I suggest submitting the unit for valuation three or four separate times with different check-in dates to get the best point value. Try to book a high demand week that is at least 6-7 months from now. The closer the deposit is to the actual check-in date, the fewer points you will receive. When searching for exchange possibilities, don’t get too excited about resorts that are listed as Provisional. These units may never actually become available. Good Luck

Mike N.
Feb 18, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
lynnb150 wrote:
================ I assume you are referring to the RedWeek exchange program as opposed to a private exchange.

If you have a floating week, you don’t need to have the week reserved at your resort to submit it for a valuation. However, if you decide to deposit the week, you must reserve the week first. So be sure that weeks that you submit for valuation are available. First, before you deposit, submit your unit for a valuation. You will receive a point value for your unit and the offer will be good for one week. During that time call your resort and reserve the week which you submitted for valuation. Then go complete your deposit. A word of warning…do this within the 7-day window after you received your valuation. If this expires, you will have to resubmit your unit and most likely the point value will be reduced (sometimes by 20%-25%). If you already have an exchange in mind, you can complete the exchange at the same time. If you don’t do an exchange at the time of deposit, you will have three years in which to use your points (future deposits with increase the number of points in your account).

Also if you do not have a specific week booked, I suggest submitting the unit for valuation three or four separate times with different check-in dates to get the best point value. Try to book a high demand week that is at least 6-7 months from now. The closer the deposit is to the actual check-in date, the fewer points you will receive. When searching for exchange possibilities, don’t get too excited about resorts that are listed as Provisional. These units may never actually become available. Good Luck

Nicely written, Mike! :-)

Marty F
Feb 18, 2008

marty8084 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
lynnb150 wrote:

============ Thanks Marty...Where do I send my bill? LOL

Mike N.
Feb 19, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
lynnb150 wrote:

============ Thanks Marty...Where do I send my bill? LOL

You're hired! :-)

Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.