General Discussion

What about Wyndham Smokey Mountains?

Feb 19, 2008

I am considering buying a resale Wyndham Smoky Mountains timeshare and am new to this so I have some questions!!! First, is there a minium amount of nights to stay or can I just stay 1 or 2 per visit. Second, are the resale owners and the ones who bought from the developer treated any different!!!!! Also I read where you need 300,000 points to become a VIP. Is there any possible way you can get a VIP status with resale points and does VIP amount to that much.(Is there account treated different & how?) Third, I take alot of short stays (1-2 days) on short notice. How difficult will it be for me to get a stay in mid summer (prime time) with only a few days or a couple of weeks notice. Some one with Wyndham Smoky Mountain experience, please help me because I am not sure a timeshare is right for me and maybe I need to continue to stay in motels. randallf12

Randall F.
Feb 20, 2008

First of all, you can do a google search to see how Whyndam points work and what their VIP status means.

Secondly, you can go to www.tugbbs.com and ask your question(s) in the Whyndam/Fairfield forum where many owners post.

Thirdly, Whyndam Smoky Mountains is not my favorite timeshare location in Gatlinburg. It's on the far end of the main strip and not within walking distance to most shops and restaurants, which you may clearly not care about.

The two most convenient timeshare resorts to the main shopping/dining/Ober Gatlinburg's tram/ski lift area are Gatlinburg Town Square (an older but very nice gold crown resort) and Crown Park Resort (beware of developer presentations there as it's a new resort ... buy resale). They are both located behind Gatlinburg's Convention Center in the middle of the strip, however if you're mainly interested in Whyndam points to use at various locations other than Gatlinburg, then I would definitely ask your question(s) on Tug's BBS.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 20, 2008 06:58 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.