Mar 03, 2008

Going back to our unit this year, first time since 2006.

Do they still have the Prime Rib Friday nights and the King Crab Saturday nights in the restaurant on the ground floor (forget the name )?

Thanks

Paul G.
Mar 05, 2008

No, VaBene is gone but there's a new restaurant in it's place called Longboard's and the sushi bar upstairs is now an Owner's Lounge. Haven't eaten at Longboard's yet.

Pat & Mike L.
Apr 02, 2008

paul1616 wrote:
Going back to our unit this year, first time since 2006.

Do they still have the Prime Rib Friday nights and the King Crab Saturday nights in the restaurant on the ground floor (forget the name )?

Thanks

Va Bene is now Longboards. We were there last summer and found it changed names only. We always make a point to be at the King Crab Saturday night, it's so yummy. Last summer they combined Prime Rib Friday night with King Crab Saturday night and held it on Saturday night. The price did go up a bit since it's now both in one night (if you are an owner, remember to use your owner's card for your discount). It's funny you mention this restaurant -- last year I actually passed out after the big dinner right at the table there and the paramedics took me to the hospital. To make a long story short, I was fine, even though I spent the night in Maui Memorial hospital. Whether it was a combination of some dehydration, shellfish and wine, or just too much to eat (!) who knows? One of my doctors back home said I had a "vegal vegal". I never heard of that and I guess it's when you have eaten a lot and all the blood rushes to your stomach to digest, leaving your head very shorted of blood and then your body does just what it should, shut down. So beware, don't eat too much!! But enjoy, we always have the whole family there for it!

Peggy Q
Apr 02, 2008

Thanks all for the replies.

I called them tonight (April 2). They said the King Crab Nights are over, last one just a few days ago. Just too expensive to put it on these days.

Prime Rib Night is still happening, forgot to ask which night but it's either Friday or Saturday.

Paul G.
Apr 03, 2008

Gees, I'm sad to hear the Crab night is over..! All good things do come to an end I guess! If you happen hear what night Prime Rib is, let us know! We have been working all day on ATA flight rescheduling here! What a mess - 2 Hawaii airlines shut down in the same week!

Peggy Q
Apr 18, 2008

peggyq2 wrote:
Gees, I'm sad to hear the Crab night is over..! All good things do come to an end I guess! If you happen hear what night Prime Rib is, let us know! We have been working all day on ATA flight rescheduling here! What a mess - 2 Hawaii airlines shut down in the same week!

Friday night is a combo prime rib and king crab legs buffet; best advice is to go early (also cheaper before 6:30pm). It was very busy, waiter clueless but food quality itself very good.

Paul G.
May 02, 2008

paul1616 wrote:
peggyq2 wrote:

Friday night is a combo prime rib and king crab legs buffet; best advice is to go early (also cheaper before 6:30pm). It was very busy, waiter clueless but food quality itself very good.

Glad to hear King Crab night along with the Prime Rib is still offered, but on Friday nights now instead of Saturday night? How much less is it before 6:30 pm? I thought I remembered it to be about $45/person, not sure if that's the right price. Hope it's still available this summer!

Peggy Q
May 02, 2008

Quote:
Glad to hear King Crab night along with the Prime Rib is still offered, but on Friday nights now instead of Saturday night? How much less is it before 6:30 pm? I thought I remembered it to be about $45/person, not sure if that's the right price. Hope it's still available this summer!

It's about $9/head cheaper before 6:30pm. The $45 is about right, don't remember the exact figure. Suggest you call them when your trip gets closer. Have fun :)

Paul G.
Mar 10, 2009

OK, time marches on, going back later in the year so would be interested in any updates or comments on MOC's food offerings.

Think I read somewhere the "Owners' Lounge" (old Nalu's) had now been converted to something else ? Anyone ?

I really wasn't impressed with Longboards last April & told them so (politely of course). The most pleasant meal in the area last trip was upstairs at Leilani's.

Paul G.

Last edited by paul1616 on Mar 25, 2009 10:31 PM

Apr 16, 2009

When we were there last April, service at Longboards was a little slow and food was just ok. Does anyone know of a lobster buffet in the area that is good and priced right?

Nanakathy

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.