Point Systems

Hilton Timeshare

Apr 21, 2008

Could someone please explain to me how this system works i have 5000 points every year 2 bd 2bath unit in las vegas and i have no idea how i can use this because i am unsure of how this system works

Sarah J.
Apr 28, 2008

sarahj72 wrote:
Could someone please explain to me how this system works i have 5000 points every year 2 bd 2bath unit in las vegas and i have no idea how i can use this because i am unsure of how this system works

Sarahj72,

Just login to the website at www.hgvc.com and use the on-line reservation system to pick where and when you want to go and make your reservation if you have enough points for the stay. Your points will exprire at the end of the year if you do not use them. You have an option before than to rescue the points, that is push them to next year for a fee. You have an option to do an RCI search and exchange as well, but you must call them for that.

Bob

Robert K.
Jul 02, 2008

sarahj72 wrote:
I would say--In order to make the Redweek system work for you, you would have to reserve a week with Hilton and then see how many points Redweek would allow. After a exchange is made, you would have to change the reservation into the person's name you are allowing to use your reservation. Otherwise, just let RCI do the exchanging for you or use the internal Hilton chain and their partners.

Margaret R.
Jul 02, 2008

sarahj72 wrote:
If you are asking how the Hilton system works, you must first decide how you want to use your points. If you want to use a studio, a 1-bedroom or the 2-bedroom and in what season. You own gold season, so you could use the 2-bed in gold or the studio or 1 bed in platinum time or a combination. The point usage depends on what you use. You could use a studio for one week and the 1 bedroom for another week. You can reserve on line or with a councelor all subject to availability

Margaret R.
Sep 22, 2009

sarahj72 wrote:

A great feature of the Hilton program is with one call to their 800 number you can make all the arrangements including RCI exchanges. Call the 800 number and tell them when you want to go, where, how many nights, how many people (size), and based on your points they will give you the available options. These may include borrowing points from a future year.

Once you have learned the system you can do it online but the toll free help/reservation desk will remain available to assist and/or make the reservations.

Jack S.
Sep 22, 2009

I am an expert on the Hilton system if you have a question I can probably help you. Judi

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
May 30, 2010

We are going to stay at Parc Soliel in January on the promotion My question , if we buy resale points outside of Hilton, can you use them at any of the Hilton timeshares? Or do you need to use them at the home timeshare? I understand each season has a different number of points and each size unit is different. I have seen some nice deals but am unsure about how the resales go Thanks Eileen

Eileen M.
May 30, 2010

Hi Eileen, You can use resale points at any Hilton timeshare. The only thing you don't get when you buy resale is the points do not count towards the elite club. All other benefits transfer with the transfer of membership.

Jan 11, 2011

Based on this thread, it appears that you would need to buy some time/points directly from Hilton to get in the system and than you could buy points on Redweek to increase your time at the HGV. If you "buy points" say 4,000/year does that carry another annual maintenance fee?

I am confused about buying a timeshare unit and "buying points."

Thank you (I did buy an alternate year unit recently from Hilton)

William K.

Last edited by williamk182 on Jan 11, 2011 10:55 PM

Jan 12, 2011

You don't have to buy points directly from Hilton to get into the system

Oct 06, 2012

What is the best way to rent my Hilton Timeshares. I am a little confused - do I make available my HGV points and let the renter select the resort & time period or do I advertise a resort - for the year sand oncle the renter selects a time period then go to Hilton to book the week?

Panayoti B.
Jan 27, 2021

Very Nice Hilton System.

Jennie Miller
May 10, 2021

i want to add some more via the secondary market, and not pay the silly "new" price. i would much rather pay a fraction of the price the HGV club offices are selling... but if i buy lets say in florida, and i own in las vegas, will the points combine into my account? or will they be two separate accounts

Jieun R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.