WorldMark La Paloma Resort

I'm new to Redweek...I need some insider's information about a problem.

May 14, 2008

Hi, I am a new member to Redweek.com. I saw a WorldMark La Paloma Resort (week 7-14 to 7-21-2008) advertised for an exchange. I don't have any timeshare weeks to deposit into Redweek for the exchange because all my weeks have already been deposited in RCI and II. Does anyone know how I would contact the owner of that week to see if he would rent it or do an exchange with RCI or II???? Or...is there another method used in Redweek for members that don't deposit weeks? I would greatly appreciate any feedback relative to this problem. Thank you, Veronica

Celeste M.
May 14, 2008

celestem4 wrote:
Hi, I am a new member to Redweek.com. I saw a WorldMark La Paloma Resort (week 7-14 to 7-21-2008) advertised for an exchange. I don't have any timeshare weeks to deposit into Redweek for the exchange because all my weeks have already been deposited in RCI and II. Does anyone know how I would contact the owner of that week to see if he would rent it or do an exchange with RCI or II???? Or...is there another method used in Redweek for members that don't deposit weeks? I would greatly appreciate any feedback relative to this problem. Thank you, Veronica

Hi Veronica,

Once a week is deposited into RedWeek.com it no longer belongs to the owner to rent or exchange another way. The best thing for you to do is keep looking for rentals that are added for this resort and also post a RedWish for exactly what you are looking for. Then owners will contact you if they have that available.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
May 15, 2008

marty8084 wrote:
celestem4 wrote:

Hi Veronica,

Once a week is deposited into RedWeek.com it no longer belongs to the owner to rent or exchange another way. The best thing for you to do is keep looking for rentals that are added for this resort and also post a RedWish for exactly what you are looking for. Then owners will contact you if they have that available.

Thanks, Marty

Hi Marty,

Thanks for responding to my questions. Perhaps you can further explain Redweek's process...My sister owns Worldmark points approx 10,000. which she will give to me so I can do the exchange. However, what is the process for putting her points into Redweek if she is not a member, but just gives them to me? Does she need to confirm a timeshare then I would have the timeshare validated for points?? Veronica

Celeste M.
May 19, 2008

celestem4 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
celestem4 wrote:

Hi Veronica,

Thanks, Marty

Hi Marty,

Thanks for responding to my questions. Perhaps you can further explain Redweek's process...My sister owns Worldmark points approx 10,000. which she will give to me so I can do the exchange. However, what is the process for putting her points into Redweek if she is not a member, but just gives them to me? Does she need to confirm a timeshare then I would have the timeshare validated for points?? Veronica

The owner (your sister) needs to submit her points for valuation and make the deposit. Otherwise, the week will be rejected during DAE's 'clean-and-press' process when they contact the resort to verify owner information. The best way to handle this would be to have your sister reserve a specific week with WorldMark, then deposit that week with us (or have you do this in your sister's name). Then, an exchange reservation can be made in your name -- but you should be aware that any changes to that reservation need to be communicated to us by your sister, since she is the owner.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.