Point Systems

Fairfield resale purchase ....

May 28, 2008

I copied and pasted the post befow from the Timeshare Companies forum .... hopefully a Fairfield/Wyndham owner can answer his question:

Just started the closing process today and have some questions. I will have points that expire 12/31/08. I probably will not be able to use them this year and am undecided about where to go next year. Can I bank them with Fairfield for next year and if not what are your suggestions as to how to best use them. Also will Fairfield contact me or must I contact them when closing is finished? Also am hearing that I should have purchased a Fairfield plus property, is this going to be a problem to deal with or can I join the plus system? Reply to This Message jimb471

Yesterday May 27, 2008 01:27 PM

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 28, 2008 07:29 AM

May 29, 2008

Hi Jayjay, I would call Fairfield once you have closed to possibly speed the process along. Fairfield will contact you, but there may be a considerable time interval. You can bank your points with Fairfield for a fee good for three years after the date of deposit. The banked points are designated Point Credit Pool Points and can only be used for Wyndham(Fairfield) Resorts. The Point Credit Pool points cannot be used for RCI Exchanges. The use of the banked points in the year you want to travel depends upon other people depositing their points in that year. Generally, that won't be a problem, but I want you to know about the possibility. You could also deposit your 2008 points via RCI Exchanges, and then you would have more options, but have to pay the exchange fee, presently $164.00. You won't be able to do anything until you are officially logged into the Wyndham(Fairfield) system. If the 2008 points are not regular points you will lose them upon the property transfer. Point Credit Pool points do not transfer with an ownership cha;nge. Stan.

stanleyf5

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.