General Discussion

Process once one has a renter for a timeshare unit

Jun 12, 2008

Since this is my first experience with renting a timeshare, what is the procedure once you have a respondent to you ad? Do they send you a check, once it has cleared, you send them the confirmation? Some people might not be comfortable with sending a check w/o some sort of guarantee you are legitimate and they will really get the timeshare they have paid for. Can anyone out there tell me how they have handled this?

Than you! MaryAnn

MaryAnn A.
Jun 12, 2008

maryanna15 wrote:
Since this is my first experience with renting a timeshare, what is the procedure once you have a respondent to you ad? Do they send you a check, once it has cleared, you send them the confirmation? Some people might not be comfortable with sending a check w/o some sort of guarantee you are legitimate and they will really get the timeshare they have paid for. Can anyone out there tell me how they have handled this?

Than you! MaryAnn

================= I suggest to the renter that he/she can call the resort to verify that I either own or have reserved the week being rented. I will call the resort and give them permission to confirm the information.

After they have paid in full, you can send them a copy of the confirmation, or in some cases the resort will issue a confirmation in the new person's name.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jun 12, 2008 01:08 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.